Any comic book readers?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm around 20 issues shy of finishing Hellblazer.  It's taken me quite a while...  I will say that I think Milligan is a shitty writer for this book and him doing 50 issue is wearing on me.  Other than that, I've really enjoyed the bulk of the series.

Loved his stuff with Allred on X-Force/X-Statix.

I'm around 20 issues shy of finishing Hellblazer. It's taken me quite a while... I will say that I think Milligan is a shitty writer for this book and him doing 50 issue is wearing on me. Other than that, I've really enjoyed the bulk of the series.

Yeah, Delano, Ennis, Azzarello, and Carey were my favorite writers on Hellblazer.

Milligan's run was a little meh.

I just decided to really start getting into comics recently. Always had interest, but I was just super intimated by the whole thing. Saw the new Spider-Gwen series (I love love love Gwen Stacy) and thought now was as good a time as ever. Figured I'd try getting into some stuff that's no already too deep to catch up.

Hit up my local store today and splurged:

Spider Gwen 1-2

Star Wars 1-3

Princess Leia 1

Darth Vadar 1-2

Ms. Marvel 1

Mile Morales Spiderman 1-7 (paperback collection)

Inhuman 1

Edge of Spider-Verse 1-5

Super excited to start reading these. Probably going to check out All New X-Men and Uncanny Avengers next.

Anyone else reading the above? Or have recommendations?

I actually just read Inhuman #1-8 this morning. One of the better Marvel books I have read in a while. I wish Joe Madureira would have stuck around for more than 3 issues though.

Image really is putting out the most quality books these days. I've been buying monthly comics since the early 90's and I've never had as many Image comics on my pull list as I do now.

current and recent Image comics that I am buying...

Autumnlands

Black Science

Chew

East Of West

Elephantmen

The Fade Out

Fatale

Jupiter's Legacy

Low

Manhattan Projects

Nameless

Outcast

Prophet

Saga

Ten Grand

Trees

If you are just starting out with comics, I would recommend Saga or Chew from the current Image lineup. Saga is the best book they are putting out and Chew is the most fun.

current and recent Image comics that I am buying...

Autumnlands

Black Science

Chew

East Of West

Elephantmen

The Fade Out

Fatale

Jupiter's Legacy

Low

Manhattan Projects

Nameless

Outcast

Prophet

Saga

Ten Grand

Trees

If you are just starting out with comics, I would recommend Saga or Chew from the current Image lineup. Saga is the best book they are putting out and Chew is the most fun.

I agree with a lot of that list.  The Humans and Rumble are both really damn good too.  Image is putting out the bulk of what I'm reading right now I think.

Deadly Class is one of my favorites, but I think I just like anything Remender does. Everything else listed is pretty much my reading as of late, with the addition of Woods, Hexed, and Gotham By Midnight. I'm so far behind on a lot of these, though. It's crazy how quickly my reading list piled up, but I've also been trying to finish the Sword of Ice and Fire novels before the new season starts again.