Any comic book readers?

I've only ever had one local shop I really loved and that was back when I lived in Rochester. Haven't found any place in Portland that really makes me want to support them :/

When I get back to ROC I usually stop in at the old joint though. Can't even remover it's name anymore.

bummer, i feel you though. this shop is nowhere near my fav, they're nice dudes, but it's really small and just almost-kinda-sorta on the way home and their across the street from a great bar. my fav local spot is WAY too out of the way and would add at least an hour on my commute home for Wednesdays. 

500be520022d424eb539f271d371fb2fcc992e01

I'm going to post this in here as well as having an actual thread for it. I'm looking to trade records for Fight Club 2 comics. I wasn't planning on buying them, but since I have multiple copies of all his books I figured I might as well. I'd prefer to have all A covers. I'm not too worried about it tho. Any is fine. Let's work something out. If you have multiple issues that'd be cool too.

UPDATE: I managed to find all 10 copies at a comic book store down in South Carolina while visiting my girlfriend. Got all of the Mack covers which is cool. All I need now is the Free Comic Book Day issue (#0). So if you have one, let me know!

i'll pick up the trades of Fight Club eventually. my wife is a huge Palahniuk fan and i love the move, so i'm going to try to read them in secrecy first, then give them to her as a present haha

I love Palahniuk. I have multiple copies of all his books and got to see him on his book tour for Damned. I picked up all the individual issues just because I like having them all. I'll probably still end up getting the trade one day. For now I just need to get that lame FCBD issue. I will say I'm a little disappointed in the comics. Could've been better, but I'm happy nonetheless.

Cool, thanks all! What kind of stuff is this (i.e supernatural, zombie, psychological etc etc) Horror is a bit of a broad term, so sorry for not being more specific!

Nailbiter is serial killer.  Outcast is demon possession.  Wytches is well, witches.  But not maybe not what'd you initially think.  Harrow County is Southern Gothic horror (sounds like I just put words together there).

I've been enjoying The Clean Room lately.  That falls into the psychological horror category too.

Edit : The Wake was one of my favorite reads from a few years ago.  Sci-fi/horror.

• 3 weeks later...

made a decent order of trades over the last couple weeks. coming in from InStockTrades, Amazon, and DCBService:

Batman vol. 1 Court of Owls

Descender vol. 1

Empty Zone vol. 1

I Hate Fairlyland vol. 1 (i have all the issues but it's so damn good, the trade will be easier to re-read)

Injection vol. 1 

Mass Effect vol. 3

Rumble vol. 1

Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 4

Trees vol. 2

so much to read!! :D

made a decent order of trades over the last couple weeks. coming in from InStockTrades, Amazon, and DCBService:

Batman vol. 1 Court of Owls

Descender vol. 1

Empty Zone vol. 1

I Hate Fairlyland vol. 1 (i have all the issues but it's so damn good, the trade will be easier to re-read)

Injection vol. 1 

Mass Effect vol. 3

Rumble vol. 1

Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 4

Trees vol. 2

so much to read!! :D

Good timing on Descender! Book two in a week and a half and I'm so exciteddddd :)

If you guys didn't pick up 4 kids walk into a bank this week...do it now!  It's selling out fast, and it's amazing!

I threw it on my pull list a few months ago after The A.V. Club posted a 2-3 page preview.  I'm planning on reading it tomorrow morning, real excited for it!

Edit : Also, Descender is great.  Glad to see so many people are enjoying it!

On 4/7/2016 at 1:14 PM, andy. said:

I love Palahniuk. I have multiple copies of all his books and got to see him on his book tour for Damned. I picked up all the individual issues just because I like having them all. I'll probably still end up getting the trade one day. For now I just need to get that lame FCBD issue. I will say I'm a little disappointed in the comics. Could've been better, but I'm happy nonetheless.

I finally got around to reading Fight Club 2 this morning. Great covers (love David Mack), good art... story sucked. I was on board with the first couple issues, but it went downhill fast. I hated the last issue (maybe that was the point, idk).