Any comic book readers?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 11:14 AM, KingTacoMunster said:

so I have various "newer" series of comics that I need out my house for room purposes, if anyone wants to see the list, I would sell them all for stupid cheap.

singles or trades? if they're trades i'm very interested

(i gave up on singles for the um-teenth time)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been on a real Batman kick lately. I spent a lot of last year buying up older trades. Year Two, Full Circle, Many Deaths of Batman, Dark Knight/Dark City (which features the Riddler at his most nutso). The 80s were prime Bats. Just got this in too, which picks up immediately after Year One... https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/detective-comics-1937/batman-the-dark-knight-detective-vol-1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Thought I'd bump this as it's the last 24 hours (less actually) of the Kickstarter for that Hellboy game. Trying to get that puppy to 1.4 million British pounds so Saint Leonard's Worm will be unlocked!

i LOVE hellboy and table top games and this looks super rad, but my nerd group has literally hundreds of games we never play because we all have so many, plus D&D has taken priority the last couple years. my fear is i'd drop a ton of coin on it and it's just be a pretty box (it's a pretty box, though, dont get me wrong) so i'm skipping it

3 hours ago, jlobban said:

i LOVE hellboy and table top games and this looks super rad, but my nerd group has literally hundreds of games we never play because we all have so many, plus D&D has taken priority the last couple years. my fear is i'd drop a ton of coin on it and it's just be a pretty box (it's a pretty box, though, dont get me wrong) so i'm skipping it

The way I looked at it is...even if I don't ever play the game (I will!) the time spent painting miniatures is worth the cost of entry on this one. I'll get hundreds of hours of enjoyment and frustration out of that.

• 7 months later...

R-12589180-1538160716-4141.jpeg.jpg

Anyone pick this up? It's the soundtrack to the DC Comics DARK NIGHTS: METAL

It's currently available on Amazon:

DC's Dark Nights: Metal Soundtrack (Picture Disc) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2CJLFZ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_wYBkCbT90MTKV

I don't normally buy pic discs, but I absolutely love this series!

I'll prolly pick it up regardless of it being a pic disc...

• 3 weeks later...

If you're in the Annapolis area & you're a government employee:

First, sorry abt what you're going through now.

Second, Tom King the writer of Batman, Miracle Man & other non-DC comics is giving away hundreds of comped trades at Third Eye Comics (this) Saturday, January 19th at 11AM & he'll sign stuff. ID required. Deets in the link.

Edited by armadillo01

• 3 years later...
15 hours ago, 75 percent oof said:

Been reading Bronze Age Swamp Thing. Pretty good, not as awesome as the Alan Moore run though!

The New 52 Swamp Thing run is really good too.  Ram V just finished up an excellent 16 issue series as well.  Both worth checking out if you need more Swampy in your life!

47 minutes ago, radiatorhums said:

The New 52 Swamp Thing run is really good too.  Ram V just finished up an excellent 16 issue series as well.  Both worth checking out if you need more Swampy in your life!

Always! I'll have to check those out. I'd heard good things about the new 52 run previously I think. (Believe I also heard the newer Hellblazer stuff was good?)

34 minutes ago, 75 percent oof said:

Always! I'll have to check those out. I'd heard good things about the new 52 run previously I think. (Believe I also heard the newer Hellblazer stuff was good?)

The Simon Sperrier Hellblazer stuff was very good!  Outside of the original run, I think that's the only Hellblazer worth reading.