Any comic book readers?

a ton of good stuff comes out tomorrow. STOKED.

-Chewbacca #1

-Deadpool v Thanos #3

-Extraordinary X-Men #1

-new Guardians of the Galaxy #1

-Star Wars Shattered Empire #3

-Uncanny Avengers #1

a bunch more, but probably just sticking to those. getting back into this could get expensive fast.

• 5 weeks later...

No but tacking a popular name on unrelated products is. Plus over doing other related products. There doesn't need to be like 30 SW comics out.

There is currently 4 Star Wars Comics: Star Wars, Kanan, Darth Vader, Chewbacca (miniseries) .  Which is pretty much in step with how many has been out at any given time over the last ten years when there wasn't a movie and when Dark Horse still owned the rights.  And not sure how any of these 4 star wars comics are unrelated.....

Yeah and there's another 8 set to come out early 2016. Lando, Leia, another Vader book, Obi-Wan..

Lando and Leia were miniseries that have already ended.  There is not another Vader book but there is a Vader crossover coming called Vader Down which will take place in the Vader & regular Star Wars book.  Yes there is an Obi-Wan miniseries coming that will come out after the Chewbacca one ends.  They usually roll through miniseries so when one ends another begins as I think there is actually another one between Chewbacca and Obi.  

This isn't just Star Wars though, it's any successful franchise; Batman, Wolverine, Adventure Time...etc.

Cash Grab ...so tired of seeing that phrase.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean no one does.  

Just because people make money (or even a basic living) on these things does not equal cash grab.

i get the phrase is overused, but dude, understand i LOVE me some Star Wars, but it's insane how much stuff is out right now. Marvel is going totally overkill between Star Wars, Inhumans, Avengers, and X-Men. every single series has more than one title, and each title seemingly has 2-3 characters with spinoffs that all intertwine... so as a consumer - who loves the product overall - it sure as shit feels like a cash grab.

i get the phrase is overused, but dude, understand i LOVE me some Star Wars, but it's insane how much stuff is out right now. Marvel is going totally overkill between Star Wars, Inhumans, Avengers, and X-Men. every single series has more than one title, and each title seemingly has 2-3 characters with spinoffs that all intertwine... so as a consumer - who loves the product overall - it sure as shit feels like a cash grab.

Avengers, X-men, and Star Wars have all had more than one series for the last 30 years, with spin offs of their popular characters.

Sure Inhumans are new to this group, but that's due to the brand phasing out Fantastic Four and X-Men which they don't have rights to.

I would see it as a "cash grab" if this happened over night, but not sure you can call a long standing business model something that is just trying to cash in at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

i was wondering why the hell i hadn't ever even received a confirmation email from InStockTrades, it looks like my order never actually went through :( so much for the rad sale prices on the 5 books i ordered. damnit.

Bummer dude

It looks like a lot of the stuff is still on sale though! You might still be able to grab them at the discounted prices