Any comic book readers?

Do tell me more about this app

I use Comic Zeal on my iPad.  Organizing the collections is a little clunky and it seems like transferring comics onto it takes longer than it should.  Past that it works really well.  Dropbox support is nice too, especially when you just need to get an issue or two on it.

So.....I think I am about to give up on Morning Glories.  Anyone interested in trading for issues 1-28 (all first printings.)

Wish this was a few months ago - I picked up all the back issues I was missing rather cheap, but 1-4 are second printings. (Don't get me wrong, I really don't care about printings, but given the option, I'd take first)

Wish this was a few months ago - I picked up all the back issues I was missing rather cheap, but 1-4 are second printings. (Don't get me wrong, I really don't care about printings, but given the option, I'd take first)

Yeah think it's going to be going to ebay if I don't get any hits soon.

- Joker- based on Heath Ledger's take on the Joker, if you dug that then definitely check this out

Was made before the movie and not based on Heath, just similar.

Do tell me more about this app

I use the ComicBookLover program on my Macbook to organize CBR files (comic book reader files) in a manner similar to iTunes, these transfer to the ComicBookLover app on my iPad.  I find files in various places.  if there are any certain titles you're into and can't find them, hit me up.

I use the ComicBookLover program on my Macbook to organize CBR files (comic book reader files) in a manner similar to iTunes, these transfer to the ComicBookLover app on my iPad.  I find files in various places.  if there are any certain titles you're into and can't find them, hit me up.

I've got about 52GB of comics right now, I don't mind sharing either.

I just dropped: Talon, Deadpool, and Ten Grand from my pull.

More than likely going to drop The Walking Dead soon.

Trying to ease myself into that one... it's the book that got me back into comics.

Still keeping me excited: Batman, The Wake, Animal Man, Kick-Ass 3, Luthor Strode, Swamp Thing, American Vampire,

I'm also catching up on other various New 52 titles and the rest via TPB.

^Been thinkin of dropping walking dead too and just gettin the trades on the cheap. I just dropped a few (invinsible/xmen(brian wood)/clone/blackacre) cuz I don't really need two expensive passions. But then I added like 8 new pulls coming out in sep/oct. Damn you image!

Been trying to get into y the last man....but just can't. The main guy just bugs me. Need to get to the library for the 2nd volume of american vampire. Really enjoyed that one.

Also have AJ Liebermans Harvest waiting in the wings. It was super cheap on amazon (like $7?) For the hardback. The artwork looks amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never been into comics, but I just started reading Fables and love it!  Does anyone have any recommendations of recent comics in the same vein as Fables (mainly non-super hero comics.)  I'd like to be able to catch up with a comic where I can be up-to-speed rather quickly.  Since Fables started back in 2002 I have a lot of catching up to do.

I've never been into comics, but I just started reading Fables and love it!  Does anyone have any recommendations of recent comics in the same vein as Fables (mainly non-super hero comics.)  I'd like to be able to catch up with a comic where I can be up-to-speed rather quickly.  Since Fables started back in 2002 I have a lot of catching up to do.

I don't know what to recommend specifically, but I'll list off some stuff that I've enjoyed from the last decade or so.

Ongoing :

American Vampire (on a hiatus)

Chew

East of West

The Goon (on a hiatus)

Saga

The Li'l Depressed Boy (on a hiatus)

Six Gun Gorilla

Trillium

The Unwritten

The Wake

The Walking Dead

Finished :

100 Bullets

Bone

DMZ

Daytripper

Ex Machina

Preacher

Rasl

Sandman

Scalped

Scott Pilgrim

Sweet Tooth

Transmetropolitan

Y The Last Man

If you have any questions about specific ones, let me know.  There are also quite a few Fables spinoffs, but I don't recall any of them being nearly as good as Fables.

Edit : This also reminds me that I'm a good month behind on things.

Every person should read Preacher at least once. It's one of my favorite stories ever.

I liked Preacher as a whole, but the juvenile humor wore thin on me.  I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading it due to that, I mainly thing that style of humor is completely hit or miss with me.

I don't know what to recommend specifically, but I'll list off some stuff that I've enjoyed from the last decade or so.

Ongoing :

American Vampire (on a hiatus)

Chew

East of West

The Goon (on a hiatus)

Saga

The Li'l Depressed Boy (on a hiatus)

Six Gun Gorilla

Trillium

The Unwritten

The Wake

The Walking Dead

Finished :

100 Bullets

Bone

DMZ

Daytripper

Ex Machina

Preacher

Rasl

Sandman

Scalped

Scott Pilgrim

Sweet Tooth

Transmetropolitan

Y The Last Man

If you have any questions about specific ones, let me know.  There are also quite a few Fables spinoffs, but I don't recall any of them being nearly as good as Fables.

Edit : This also reminds me that I'm a good month behind on things.

Thanks, I purchased East of West.  It looks like something I'll be interested in.  Chew and The Unwritten also look pretty interesting.  I'll start going through them once I get through East of West.  I'll also make sure to check out the first trade of The Preacher at the very least.