IT'S FRIDAY!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't agree that any "artist" (and i'm using the term lightly here) should work with professional songwriters, simply because it's cheating.

yes, cheating.

if they suck, people deserve to know they suck by them releasing as song they wrote themself, that sucks.

we aren't even 100% sure she wrote this all by herself, but with shit like "gotta have cereal" it's pretty safe to assume that it probably was.

anyone with some penned lyrics and enough money for studio time can get just about anything done.

her dad was probably in a crappy new wave band in the 80s and helped her with the music.

i don't agree that any "artist" (and i'm using the term lightly here) should work with professional songwriters, simply because it's cheating.

yes, cheating.

if they suck, people deserve to know they suck by them releasing as song they wrote themself, that sucks.

we aren't even 100% sure she wrote this all by herself, but with shit like "gotta have cereal" it's pretty safe to assume that it probably was.

anyone with some penned lyrics and enough money for studio time can get just about anything done.

her dad was probably in a crappy new wave band in the 80s and helped her with the music.

How is anyone still oblivious to what actually happened here?

The family paid for a service... People do it for birthdays and shit. You give this company $2,000 and they interview your kid and write a song and music. Then your kid and some of their friends get to spend a day filming a music video, doing the whole hair and make up thing and basically get treated like a "pop star" for a day. (It's like those "prince/princess for a day" packages you can buy where they will put a party together centered around your kid and you have a limo to pick up the kid and their friends and shit. This is just a different version of that same thing.)

Once filming is complete the company edits your video, sends you a copy and posts it on Youtube for you and your friends to see.

This one happened to get seen by other people, reblogged all over the fucking place and got huge because of how awful it is. It isn't and was never meant to be a real song or real release.

I just watched her whole video all the way through and it made me think of this other video. Watch this one and see what I mean. The sub-standard lyrics, the fake crowds of "cool" people, the lead singer "mugging" into the camera, the sugary hook...it's EXACTLY the same.

Actually the girl comes out ahead since she only spent a fraction of what GC paid and ended up with the same result.

i was just the right age to fall for good charlotte back in high school. its embarrassing, but i really didnt have anyone to teach my any better.

but my god, those douche bags just never dropped the whole "look how crunk and ironic we are- gangstaaaa! punk rawk for the loners!!"

that made me hate them before their music did.

i was just the right age to fall for good charlotte back in high school. its embarrassing, but i really didnt have anyone to teach my any better.

but my god, those douche bags just never dropped the whole "look how crunk and ironic we are- gangstaaaa! punk rawk for the loners!!"

that made me hate them before their music did.

Their first album ALMOST sold me until i saw benji in a glittery Sid Vicious shirt.

He even made a damn lock chain necklace for himself.

I've been laughing at them ever since.

All superstar pop uses professional songwriters. I don't think it's that big of a deal, considering the intended audience.

And yeah. This thing was from a paid service anyway. But I think a few deft marketing moves could make it something salvageable. I really should be a publicist or something.

^ lol wat? i couldn't make out any of that.

but I did seriously consider writing a parody about smoking bowls.

2 pm, gotta have my bowl and some stale cereal...time moving so slow it goes tick tock ticking on and on, everybody's blazing... gotta get down to the IHOP, gonna have french toast WITH ALL MY FRANNNSSSSSS!

Yeah that's as far as I got. I'm no Rebecca Black, folks.