Oh Ben Weasel, You Dinosaur, You! (SXSW Fight)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SW (or the Riverdales) to MN!

fuck that. keep him outta MN

Said by a person with a Crimpshrine avatar.

Where do you draw the line? Jeff Ott should be serving a life-sentence for the things he claimed he did, but he's reformed and worked really hard to make this world a better place. Ben Weasel can do so as well.

Bottom line is people do some shitty things, but it's not who they are, it's a reflection of who they were. We can all change and redefine ourselves with our current actions.

I am a Ben Weasel fan.

I'm disappointed with the behavior in the video.

However, 1. the video doesn't show the whole story (is there even proof that he punched the first person instead of trying to disarm her of ice?) and 2. there is a LOT of good that can come out of this in the long run if we all put our hearts in a positive place.

the last two comments have made more sense than any other comments posted. in the grand scheme of things, this really isn't the worst thing that's ever happened.

what you fail to see is it's not the worst, no one said it was (jeff holds that honor), but it's the most current so people will discuss it.

how does "trying to dispose of her ice" excuse make sense when the video clearly shows him punching her (instead of the clock he tweeted about) and knocking her down. i'm not even repulsed by that excuse. that shit is just funny in it's outlandishness.

reform himself? this happened friday. give it some time. most likely he apologized so he wouldn't be served with a warrant for aggravated and verbal assault (the verbal being somewhat of a add on that would most likely get dismissed as it should). better a fake apology than a felony charge. only time will tell if his actions speak louder than his words. no amount of excuses or scenarios will excuse his behavior that he so admittedly already apologized for. to do so now is just genuflecting.

doesn't he have a rep for doing stuff like this allll the time though? this isn't a punk rock chris brown. he's been putting bitches AND dudes down for some time i've heard.

whether you're a fan or you hate the guy, throwing ice isn't really something to up the punxxx like that over. it's stupid and he should feel like a douche. (he doesn't)

However, 1. the video doesn't show the whole story (is there even proof that he punched the first person instead of trying to disarm her of ice?) and 2. there is a LOT of good that can come out of this in the long run if we all put our hearts in a positive place.

I don't know what video you saw, but in this one you can clearly see him try full out punch her in the face and he takes a pretty hefty swing.

And for those saying "did he even hit her or did he miss?" well thats besides the point. He swung at her with the intention of physically harming her and thats what makes him a scumbag. Him making contact or not is irrelivent.

Not to mention that he started throwing punches at the woman(apparently the club owner) who tried to stop him.

Also leading up to the show he was making non-stop comments about how bad he didn't want to play the show and bitching about money. Then it also seems like all he did was bitch about it in between songs. I probably would of at least heckled him too to shut up and play, as it seemed people where doing.

If this guy didn't have a reputaion for being a cockbag then I'd say after a while it should just blow over, he should apologize, and eventually people should just look past it. But...he is an asshole and he deserves everything thats coming to him from this.

Apparently they took off before the police could arrive to the scene. Sounds like a big fucking coward as well.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':2smtw55d]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':2smtw55d]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

And for those saying "did he even hit her or did he miss?" well thats besides the point. He swung at her with the intention of physically harming her and thats what makes him a scumbag. Him making contact or not is irrelivent.

Not to mention that he started throwing punches at the woman(apparently the club owner) who tried to stop him.

Also leading up to the show he was making non-stop comments about how bad he didn't want to play the show and bitching about money. Then it also seems like all he did was bitch about it in between songs. I probably would of at least heckled him too to shut up and play, as it seemed people where doing.

If this guy didn't have a reputaion for being a cockbag then I'd say after a while it should just blow over, he should apologize, and eventually people should just look past it. But...he is an asshole and he deserves everything thats coming to him from this.

Apparently they took off before the police could arrive to the scene. Sounds like a big fucking coward as well.

First off, the show wasn't a normal show. It was a big stupid corporate rock festival. If a singer in a punk band can't talk shit on that, what's the point?

Also, the girl threw things at him and spit beer on him. That's a few levels beyond heckling by any standards.

And he has "a reputation for being a cockbag" why? Because he doesn't like the Lawrence Arms or the Max Lavine whateverthefucks?

Took off? It's not like he ran someone over and drove off. There was a volatile situation and he removed himself from it. It was the smart thing to do.

you can talk all the shit all you want on sxsw, but if you're playing it because you agreed to it, and weren't asked in the first place, it makes you the fool. not anyone else. it's like buying a escalade and then bitching about gas prices to drive out of state every weekend to visit your girlfriend. it's silly and childish. anyone doing this would have been told to shut the fuck up and play. and a bunch of people who werent' part of the fiasco did. but that's neither here nor there.

3. if you need to be reminded again what he's done and how he's a cockbag, you're sadly getting a early case of dementia. lol.

last sentence, i totally agree with. it be stupid to wait for the cops. he'd probably have got arrested along withe the other girl. being thrown in jail on a weekend for fighting with a woman. no matter the circumstance. smart move on his part to get out of texas.

i seriously doubt he'll ever play in austin again too.