PO: Death Cab for Cutie - Codes & Keys

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and even though they were originally on Barsuk, I'd have thought for them to still have vinyl rights on all the Atlantic albums must involve a fair amount of licencing money that has to be reflected in the cost.

Count yourselves lucky, for the UK the wholesale price is getting on for £14 ($22) so stores will be selling for at least £23-25 ($40!) OUCH

Either way, I have to have it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
...and even though they were originally on Barsuk, I'd have thought for them to still have vinyl rights on all the Atlantic albums must involve a fair amount of licencing money that has to be reflected in the cost.

Count yourselves lucky, for the UK the wholesale price is getting on for £14 ($22) so stores will be selling for at least £23-25 ($40!) OUCH

Either way, I have to have it!

I'd be willing to bet that they have an arrangement worked out in their contract that lets Barsuk handle their vinyl releases. Especially considering they signed with Atlantic in 2004, well before vinyl became something that majors could look at as a big money maker.

Just picked up the vinyl from a local record store, and it's a pretty nice gatefold 2xLP. What I'm kind of upset about is it didn't come with a download card. From a band as big as Death Cab, not having a download card seems kind of ridiculous. I've only listened to the album two times, but so far it's a minor let-down, but I think there is definitely room for it to grow on me.