Record Store Day Blues

I have a love/hate relationship with Record Store Day.

While I think it's awesome for the businesses that participate and the money they make, I hate that there are so many exclusives that you can only get in a record store. I know that's the point, but for those of us that live in areas where there are no record stores (closest one to me is about 3 1/2 hours away) it really kinda stinks.

There are at least 4 records that I would like to get this year, specifically City And Colour's "Sometimes". I'm sure a few will pop up online, but with ridiculous price tags and on ebay, which is always a pain.

Anyone else in my boat?

Guest vinyldoa
Same here, dude. Small town Canada gets the shaft.

I can look and see if I can get the C&C for you...

do you think you could maybe look for the silverstein 7" for me? it says it's "regional" but it doesn't say what region lol. I'm guessing it might be canada though

Same here, dude. Small town Canada gets the shaft.

I can look and see if I can get the C&C for you...

do you think you could maybe look for the silverstein 7" for me? it says it's "regional" but it doesn't say what region lol. I'm guessing it might be canada though

Sure dude. If you dont mind, shoot me a PM so I remember.

Thanks

I have a love/hate relationship with Record Store Day.

While I think it's awesome for the businesses that participate and the money they make, I hate that there are so many exclusives that you can only get in a record store. I know that's the point, but for those of us that live in areas where there are no record stores (closest one to me is about 3 1/2 hours away) it really kinda stinks.

There are at least 4 records that I would like to get this year, specifically City And Colour's "Sometimes". I'm sure a few will pop up online, but with ridiculous price tags and on ebay, which is always a pain.

Anyone else in my boat?

While I'm fortunate enough to have one very small store in town, they receive a tiny fraction of what they order and there's still the struggle to try and get one of the few copies of what they do get.

But with patience and persistence on eBay, I have been able to track down everything I want for the retail price. Eventually. Granted, I haven't wanted anything exceedingly rare.

Remember, that you have "the pledge" this year. So if you don't have a RSD store near you, then you can go online on Sunday and anything the store has leftover will be put online at the *same* price as in store. So if the Mastodon/ZZTop split is $8.99 in store, it will be $8.99 online. Pledge stores can not sell on Ebay until 30 days after RSD.

If you find the websites for most of the stores in the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (www.cimsmusic.com) and Association of Independent Music Stores (www.thealliancerocks.com), bookmark their websites and shoot them an e-mail saturday night/sunday morning, you have a pretty good chance of finding an item that was sold out at your store or your store didn't get in.

Just FYI, everyone shouldn't have to resort to Ebay right away, hopefully. List of pledge stores from the Record Store Day website is here (Pledge was due on Jan 11th, so I don't know if stores were able to sign it after the fact):

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Page/1032

Guest vinyldoa
If I know 100% I could get money from you guys, I can PO all RSD shit from the local shop here. I got VIP status w/ the owner lol

pm'd

I am looking forward to RSD this year. The main thing I'm happy about is that my favorite store signed "the pledge." They may be able to fill most of my list. Thank god for tax returns because there's around 10 things or so that I'm looking to pick up. The item I want most is the "Rekords Rekords Record." Fingers crossed for that one.

-32 lol

-34 bro, I take it VC hates Ke$ha and Katy Perry (other than her Elmo shirt boob.gif)

i need some Ke$ha vinyl. blow! :P

i need more Katy Perry vinyl, i only have Teenage Dream. i actually called up the pop station today and was caller 96, qualified to win a flyaway trip to Atlanta to see Katy Perry. hahaha. fingers crossed!