Record Store Day Blues

Remember, that you have "the pledge" this year. So if you don't have a RSD store near you, then you can go online on Sunday and anything the store has leftover will be put online at the *same* price as in store. So if the Mastodon/ZZTop split is $8.99 in store, it will be $8.99 online. Pledge stores can not sell on Ebay until 30 days after RSD.

If you find the websites for most of the stores in the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (www.cimsmusic.com) and Association of Independent Music Stores (www.thealliancerocks.com), bookmark their websites and shoot them an e-mail saturday night/sunday morning, you have a pretty good chance of finding an item that was sold out at your store or your store didn't get in.

Just FYI, everyone shouldn't have to resort to Ebay right away, hopefully. List of pledge stores from the Record Store Day website is here (Pledge was due on Jan 11th, so I don't know if stores were able to sign it after the fact):

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Page/1032

If you think that pledge is going to make a difference then you're sadly mistaken. I can assure you there will be RSD titles available at ridiculous prices before and after the special day. Do what I do and wait 3 months and buy them. I've picked up everything I've wanted at retail or less. Remember people have short attention spans.

If you think that pledge is going to make a difference then you're sadly mistaken. I can assure you there will be RSD titles available at ridiculous prices before and after the special day. Do what I do and wait 3 months and buy them. I've picked up everything I've wanted at retail or less. Remember people have short attention spans.

I don't disagree with some of what you are saying. There are over 1400 stores listed on the RSD website. Only 587 signed the pledge. So the ones that didn't sign the pledge, will fall into the category you stated above. What I am curious to see and will be "testing" are those stores who did sign the pledge, to see if they will have product available on Sunday at essentially face value. It is the first year of the pledge, so we'll see if it makes a difference or not. After all, the stores that did sign the pledge got "first dibs" on limited/priority product, so in theory, they should have a larger inventory available and potential for leftover items. At the end of the day it will probably be a crap shoot, but I'll take the chance and test it out.

What I fear will happen is that the pledge stores will hold back some inventory and when their 30 day window is up, then will sell the rarest of the rare (e.g. one of those clear vinyl side by side 7" that only 100 will be made)

Do you have a list of stores that signed the pledge? I'm curious to see if mine did.

Just search your area on the participating stores section on the RSD website. Click on each shops little page and if they signed the pledge, there will be a noticeable stamp near the description of their shop. I was very happy to find out that my main store signed it and they took my list a while ago so hopefully I will be able to get most of what I'm looking for.

What I fear will happen is that the pledge stores will hold back some inventory and when their 30 day window is up, then will sell the rarest of the rare (e.g. one of those clear vinyl side by side 7" that only 100 will be made)

like revelation side by side? if so i want it.

haha I tought the same thing, not is those split 7" Green Day/Husker Du, RHCP/Ramones etc...