How do you get permission to sample a TV clip?

Any plant but United, really, doesn't give a shit. They got raided by the feds a while back and they do pretty much most of the major label shit so they are insane maniacs about it.

The real answer is that you're not going to license a movie/TV clip and no, it's not fair use to put it on a record you're selling. It's fair use to use it in a presentation you're doing for educational purposes, sure. It's infringement if you do it without permission and put it on your album. But yeah, nobody REALLY gives a shit.

I'll probably just have this cut out. It's probably not worth the headache.

I did email Harry Fox to see if they can recommend a place that handles TV/Movie samples. Curious as to what their response is going to be.

Curious as to what the sample is.

It's on a major network and not cable. I had never heard of the show, but I don't watch a ton of TV or movies. I SERIOUSLY doubt anything would happen, but I just want to cover myself. It's nothing major, the line the character says pretty much has the song title in it.

used a few star wars clips on my band's first album. needless to say we will never get big, and i don't think georgie is gonna find out any time soon. but for a real answer, you'll probably have to contact the studio that produced it, meaning a lotttttttt of paperwork.

I always wanted to use that little piece of dialogue between Luke and Yoda outside the cave. "I'm not afraid." "You will be"