PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

Went and picked this up from my local shop today. I am beyond stoked to get it, but there's so much more to be desired. First, it's not 180g like stated on the sticker so the $27.49 price tag is a bit of a joke. I got taxed by my shop though as I know that's above the retail, at least I think it is. I just said screw it and paid the hefty price tag for how long I have been waiting for this. Sorta similar to buying a record online after shipping I guess. Gotta love it when the shops business is hurting so bad (business down 50% from 2 years ago according to the shop owner) yet they still jack up prices. They only got one copy which I find funny as it's a Sacramento store. I am just happy to pick it up in person to make sure it's not damaged. There IS a picture insert for sure.

One day we will have a 2LP gatefold tip on jacket with Damone. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Lastly, aside from my few complaints..........I am BEYOND happy to finally have this after all these years wondering just when it would finally be put on vinyl for us all. Now for the wait for that HT version to go on sale.

Went and picked this up from my local shop today. I am beyond stoked to get it, but there's so much more to be desired. First, it's not 180g like stated on the sticker so the $27.49 price tag is a bit of a joke. I got taxed by my shop though as I know that's above the retail, at least I think it is. I just said screw it and paid the hefty price tag for how long I have been waiting for this. Sorta similar to buying a record online after shipping I guess. Gotta love it when the shops business is hurting so bad (business down 50% from 2 years ago according to the shop owner) yet they still jack up prices. They only got one copy which I find funny as it's a Sacramento store. I am just happy to pick it up in person to make sure it's not damaged. There IS a picture insert for sure.

One day we will have a 2LP gatefold tip on jacket with Damone. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Lastly, aside from my few complaints..........I am BEYOND happy to finally have this after all these years wondering just when it would finally be put on vinyl for us all. Now for the wait for that HT version to go on sale.

Where in sac did you get it? The Beat? I got mine from amazon yesterday paid 19 and that included shipping. It sounds amazing!!! I am planning on running to dimple tomorrow to grab another copy for myself, dimple usually has good prices and they will have a vinyl transfered from another store to your closest dimple which is awesome.

i too am very excited to finally have this, but i can't help but be disappointed in the execution. WB clearly cut every corner to maximize their profit.

for $25, there is no reason this couldn't be 2xLP with Damone included. Side A is so long that there is even a couple seconds cut from the fade out of Rickets.

and really, to clearly state that this is pressed on 180 gram vinyl when it is obviously not more than 140-150, is very uncool. either there was actually a mistake, or they think we're idiots.

again, glad to have it, but i can't help but feel a bit ripped off.

Mine just came like 5 minutes ago. Its definitely not 180 but I'm not really worried about that. I'm just excited to spin it and that's what I'm about to do right now.

it would be fine if it wasn't claimed to be, and more expensive then previous deftones releases because of it. that's the problem.

I totally feel you, man. Luckily, I was able to lock in a really low amazon pre-order price so I'm not stressing on the cost but I realize many others paid full price with the promise of a certain type of product and that product was not delivered as described. That totally sucks. I'm glad to finally have it though. As long as it sounds great, I'll be happy.

Where in sac did you get it? The Beat? I got mine from amazon yesterday paid 19 and that included shipping. It sounds amazing!!! I am planning on running to dimple tomorrow to grab another copy for myself, dimple usually has good prices and they will have a vinyl transfered from another store to your closest dimple which is awesome.

Yeah, I just picked it up from The Beat. Place is only a couple blocks from my apartment and I had to have it. I normally buy most of my stuff from Phono Select but I knew there might have been a possibility of me missing out on this so I didn't want to chance it. Dimple is very fair on their prices for sure. It's really cool that they ship stuff from store to store, I've done that a few times now. They do it with anything, even $1 used CDs.

FYI, they are out of black copies at the distro and apparently its going to be some time before they print more. Not sure what "some time" means, but if you are looking for this I wouldn't hesitate. I know we only have about 10 left

Exactly why I said screw it and paid the inflated price tag at my shop.

Rocking this now for the third time.

It definitely is lame that interpunk sent out an email to all that pre-ordered this explaining that the price had to go up because they had been informed late that it was gonna be 180 gram and then it turns out not to even be that at all. Can those people get that extra money back?

I actually like the weight that it is. It feels more like a classic 70's or 80's LP this way. Plus the rim is nice and smooth unlike a lot of new stuff and there are about 5 rings of lead in groove making it easier to cue before the song actually starts at the beginning of each side and that is also one of those classic features that is absent on a lot of modern vinyl.

^^that is super-shady. not that i'm personally that worked up about it but...aren't there truth in adverstising laws established for this sort of thing??? again, i'm not saying action should be taken but i would REALLY hate to see this type of thing become a trend just because they figure consumers will be happy to have it either way.

For 20.99 at HT, I think its still worth it. Except the color. blech. lol. I'm getting the feeling that they just had a surplus of orange vinyl pellets and had to use them on something. Not sure why the label is orange when the CD label was gray/white. Either way, I'm still enjoying having the album and will definitely get the HT variant. Just waiting on that shit to show up.

NEXT WEEK!? You dont understand! Hahaha. I have money in paypal that my girlfriend doesnt know about, if she finds it im screwed, then i cant buy the deftones or glassjaw. Im saving the paypal money for the vinyl but if she sees it she will transfer it to the bank and ill have to use it for bills. Dont you see?! I've got a time limit!!! Hahah. stupid vendor.