PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

I'm in for both of them. Still need to grab White Pony.

Get on that shit NOW. They're going quick and most of the stores that seemed to have plenty in stock for the past 6 months seem to be running low or are sold out right now.

Next one you find, you buy.

I guess I'll have to get it this weekend in Toronto.

looks like i'll just have to find s/t and saturday night wrist

Maybe if all of these represses sell well they'll re-release those two as well? Anybody know how well the White Pony reissue has done?

Here's hoping anyway for the other two to come out again. I could kick myself for seeing both on the shelf and never grabbing it...le sigh.

How many of you would buy a colored repress of Saturday Night Wrist and/or S/T?

Provided it was the same or better quality than the original black...IN A HEARTBEAT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP??! :o

Ok, I'll calm down now.

I just know they would do pretty well. Deftones have seen a resurgence of spolight since Diamond Eyes, and over on the Deftones board, sharing lungs, it seems like the S/T is the reigning favorite. It was panned when released but it's really stuck with people, or at least the Deftones faithful, with each new release I read tons of posts of people wishing it sounded like the S/T. So at least the faithful would buy it, especially if it was a different color than the original.

And Saturday Night Wrist is an awesomely dark masterpiece in my eyes. It has a special place in my music listening and helped me through some troubled times. I would love to own this, but never pulled the trigger the few times I saw it, and then didn't want to pay extortion prices on eBay. But it's grown on me with time and I love even more than the when it was released.

Okay, I'll stop rambling. Short answer, YES. PLEASE.

I got Saturday Night Wrist so cheap in the hot topic discount bin a few years ago. It's kind of funny how it goes from something they can't sell to something everyone wants.

That said, even though I have both albums, I'd probably buy represses, as they're both a little worse for the wear.

I think it's funny, about the self-titled album. I was lukewarm on it when it came out, and only really liked a handful of the songs. About 4 months ago I listened to it for the first time in years, and it's been in regular rotation since. It's a lot better than I originally thought.

You need only to look at recent eBay listings for both to know how many lives you would be saving by getting these going. I mean, seriously, just look at it. Its sick.

If you could manage to get in some good words for these to be redone, you would be the hero of all life....regarding vinyl.

Please push for S/T to be 2XLP. Its just too long for the single and it shows in the playback. My copy is clear as hell as far as typical vinyl noise but the mix just sounds flat and gray (if that makes any sense. re: synesthesia) due to compression.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself and everything but please take it into consideration if/when broaching the subject with the bigwigs.

This is just a taste: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160546412846&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I've had dozens of copies of both records saved in my eBay Watchlist that have ended and of course just recently weeded them all out. Most S/T's end between $50 and $90 and most SNW's end in the $60 to $120 range.

I would for sure as those are the 2 I slept on back when they came out. Sad part is, I'm a Deftones fanboy and from Sacramento so there's no reason I should have missed out. I wasn't buying a ton of vinyl when s/t came out and I moved right when SNW came out so I remember just snagging the CD to save a few bucks. My dumbass also thought they would have been on the shelves for a longer time.

I would prefer them on black vinyl though to be honest.

id definitely be buying both!

its the same situation that i had with white pony a year ago. i really really really wanted that record on vinyl but i didnt want to pay the ebay prices. when it all of a sudden came out i bought it in a heartbeat even though it was damn pricey!

its awesome to see that deftones are getting enough vinyl attention!