PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

in my dreams it would be one red record and one blue, like the roses. translucent. im drooling =)

AMAZING IDEA! I'm surprised I didn't think of that given what a Deftones and vinyl freak I am. The only difference is I would go for those colors in opaque.

Plus, I don't know if it goes without saying or if I already stated it but I would definitely buy these especially if S/T got revamped to a 2XLP. You could probably even make it 45 RPM which would also be a dream come true. But if they could match the rose colors I would totally jizz.

Ok, I'm about to get really annoying now....

The S/T CD booklet is one of the most amazing examples of album art I've ever seen. I'm in love with it. Throw in an 11X11" recreation of that and I would actually pay a way too high retail price for this thing.

So here's the list:

-180 Gram 2XLP two different colored discs cut at 45 RPM

-A/B Blue w/ Black swirl, C/D Red w/ Black swirl

-Stoughton gatefold gloss jacket

-11X11 full color 20 page booklet insert /pipedream]

Have I left anything out?

I'd buy the shit out of that!

The S/T CD booklet is one of the most amazing examples of album art I've ever seen. I'm in love with it. Throw in an 11X11" recreation of that and I would actually pay a way too high retail price for this thing.

So here's the list:

I would buy the fuck out of this too! haha. Although i doubt they'll go with the stoughton jacket, I hope they're at least 180 gram.

Sweet! The first response to that post is NOT hate! lol

Yeah, I highly doubt they'd do all that too but fuck it! I'm announcing right now, if this got done with my checklist of attributes, I'd volunteer to work on it for free with no other compensation than 3 copies of the finished product and maybe a test press.

So here's the list:

Knowing who would be putting this out....a package like this would retail for like at least $40-$60 so I can safely say something like this probably wont happen. Sorry man.

Also there are not any talks currently of S/T or SNW being repressed. I was just asking to gauge interest. I might look into these at some point in the near future. For now there is already tons of stuff coming so maybe once all thats out I can work on these. We shall see.

So here's the list:

Knowing who would be putting this out....a package like this would retail for like at least $40-$60 so I can safely say something like this probably wont happen. Sorry man.

Also there are not any talks currently of S/T or SNW being repressed. I was just asking to gauge interest. I might look into these at some point in the near future. For now there is already tons of stuff coming so maybe once all thats out I can work on these. We shall see.

Awesome, thanks travis

So here's the list:

Yeah, but I'd probably still pay that just to have it. Of course, I'm probably the ONLY person who would. It just sucks because similar packages have been put together by much smaller labels for much lower price tags. Its unfortunate that the big fish still want more. Yeah, if you could finagle these represses, even just the standard versions, that would be very cool. We won't hold you to it but thanks for looking into it anyway.

If I could afford the licensing, that shit would already exist.

So here's the list:

I WANT THIS!!!!!! Travis.........please make this happen. Idc too much foe the stoughton jackets or booklets but man.....double 180 gram colored vinyl to match the artwork? This would be beautiful! He'll id settle for standard weight as long as I get a double colored pressing of this!

I know it's not gonna happen as a lot of the work is probably already done, but ATF really, really should have got the 2LP treatment. Such a long overdue album on vinyl. I love it, we are getting both Adrenaline and ATF and people are already heavily talking about how S/T and SNW should be...good times. Personally I want the S/T and SNW to be a bit down the road as I am gonna be dropping a grip of money for all the cool shit coming soon and not to even mention RSD.

Now, Travis, since you seem to get the ball rolling on awesome things coming out...get me a special 1/1 copy of Failure - Magnified on 2 LPs in a gatefold tip on jacket. I say 1/1 as a joke since not too many probably listen to them (ESPECIALLY Hot Topic shoppers). Magnified would sell well though and it would make me laugh pretty hard if it was a HT exclusive.

I never thought Around The Fur would ever get released on vinyl but damn I am so happy about it. I asked Chino last year if they knew about more vinyl releases when they signed my red White Pony. He said that there was lots of talk about it but nothing for sure then. They are all about it now and it's great to see how everybody is excited.

damn it. just went to SRC to pick up White Pony, which I've put off from getting...not in stock. Cool. Can't complain for procrastinating :(:(

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=184238&

Now, Travis, since you seem to get the ball rolling on awesome things coming out...get me a special 1/1 copy of Failure - Magnified on 2 LPs in a gatefold tip on jacket. I say 1/1 as a joke since not too many probably listen to them (ESPECIALLY Hot Topic shoppers). Magnified would sell well though and it would make me laugh pretty hard if it was a HT exclusive.

now that was a low blow. check my list again sucka :P i would buy the shit out of some more Failure records.

If an item on interpunk doesn't say that it is "IN STOCK" at checkout, you can pretty much count on them never having it. I've waited since August for them to get a Maserati album back in stock. They never admit they simply don't have something, they just tell you the availability is expected in "5 Days"...."2 Days"... "Tomorrow" then you get "Restock Overdue" and then its waiting for another "5 Days"...etc. etc.

Now I finally swapped the Maserati album for Refused - Shape of Punk To Come and am going through the same song and dance...

Lame.

My advice is: Watch an item that's not in stock and check back on the day they claim it will be available. If it doesn't say "In Stock" in green, don't buy.

Inventions For The New Season. Its ok though because I bought a used one from an awesome dude, either here or deadformat. $12 and in amazing shape!

If log in to interpunk and put White Pony in your cart, then go to check out, you'll see that it says

Available To Ship*

Tomorrow

My contention is that you shouldn't count on getting ANY item that doesn't say In Stock when you check out as I've had this issue with two items for the past 9 or 10 months. They're bullshitters.

Exactly. I could show you like 30 emails since August that say "Interpunk.com Order Restock OVERDUE" and they keep leading you on even though they have no idea if they'll ever get the item back in stock. Its especially frustrating when its an LP the quantities of which you know are waning and they still keep acting like they'll someday get it. Bullshitters.

now that was a low blow. check my list again sucka :P i would buy the shit out of some more Failure records.

I was joking around. I mainly meant that Hot Topic shoppers probably wouldn't know who they are or give a damn. I am only missing one record from them which is the Count My Eyes/Comfort 7". It always goes for $50+ on ebay. I got Fantastic Planet, Comfort (promo only) and the Pro-Catastrophe 7". I would kill for Magnified to be pressed. I am sure it will be done......one day. Ken knows the Fantastic Planet 2LP sold well.