ZAO - Liberate Te Ex Inferis VINYL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Sonically, the album has great production and it's tight metalcore. It's a little different from everything else but it's still signature Zao. The theme is cohesive, smart, and creative. Russ Cogdell plays on it and he's got such a cool style.

The Fear Is What Keeps Us Here, on the other hand, sounds just blah. I don't like the sound at all, but I know a lot of that was intentional. The analog taping and Dan doing the vocals the way he did were an effort to make it sound muddier, or closer to a live sound. Wiki even mentions that.

Really? That's my least favorite of all of them. Of everything post-T&N I like The Fear Is What Keeps Us Here a lot and enjoy Awake?.

Funeral is one of my favourites as well (though not on first listen)

Here's my list:

• [*:kkvufeyv]Liberate Te Ex Inferis
    [*:kkvufeyv]The Fear Is What Keeps Us Here
    [*:kkvufeyv]Where Blood And Fire Bring Rest
    [*:kkvufeyv]The Funeral of God
    [*:kkvufeyv](Self-Titled)
    [*:kkvufeyv]Parade of Chaos
    [*:kkvufeyv]The Splinter Shards the Birth of Separation
    [*:kkvufeyv]Awake?
    [*:kkvufeyv]All Else Failed
    [*:kkvufeyv]All Else Failed (Re-Release)

Here's something I always tell Zao fans but nobody cares:

ζάω is the Greek word, transliterated zao in English, that the band gets their name from. The band always says it's translated "alive" but that's not accurate. Alive is an adjective, describing the state of being. Zao, in Greek, means "I live," it's a first person singular indicative verb. It can sometimes also mean "to live" depending on the case ending. Again, they are actions, not descriptions.

Thanks for letting me nerd out on our thread about a metal band.

• 1 month later...

Updates:

From Brent:

If you preordered either Zao, Becoming The Archetype or both, the wait for your records will be coming to an end soon. We are truly sorry for the prolonged delay. As many of you know, when it comes to pressing records, things are out of are control sometimes. We have encountered several issues for both releases with the metal stampers used to press the record. They've had to be remade more than once due to defects. We will finally have a set of good ones for both releases tomorrow. This means that the vinyl is being pressed early next week and will be shipping the second they are done.

The jackets and inserts have been done for weeks now and are just sitting here waiting for the vinyl. Again, I am very sorry for the delay. Trust me, I want these to be in your hands as much as you do. Your patience is much appreciated throughout this process. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

From Zao:

only 15 Liberate vinyl are left as of an hour ago. They are being pressed as we speak so should be shipping in the next few weeks. If you didn't get one and want one, the clock is ticking. Buy it before the end times come, which is apparently tomorrow if you believe that junk

Would be kinda cool if it sold out before it shipped.