Great albums that can be had on the cheap.

You hear it a lot - "I'd buy more new music if it was cheaper."

When you think about the decades of great music that have been made, that maybe a lot of the people on this board haven't necessarily been exposed to, there's bound to be TONS of stuff that is easy to come by a decent, listenable copy for less than $10. Cheap enough to take a risk on something you might really love. Of course, things that you come across at the record store for cheap are always nice, but things that go cheap on eBay are also a great source for something new to check out.

Of course, I'm always down for cheap music I haven't heard before, so I can't wait to see what people might come up with.

Tonight I picked up the first two Elvis Costello records, "My Aim Is True," and "This Year's Model," for $6 a piece. I also realized that you can pick up the entire Screaming Blue Messiahs discography for less than $20. I got a GREAT copy of Thin Lizzy's album "Bad Reputation" for $5 once, too.

So let's hear it, VC. What are some records that we might see cheap, either in a shop or on the bay, that are worth having?

i was at newbury comics yesterday, and came across Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights for $11.99. It wasn't a 2xLP like the one i have/every one i've seen.

Absolutely fantastic album that everyone should hear.

So much great classic rock...

Any Yes albums like Going for the One, Close to the Edge, Drama, Fragile, Yessongs, Tormato or 90125 are all worth the very few dollars you'd have to pay for them.

Supertramp's Breakfast in America or Even in the Quietest Moments

Electric Light Orchestra/ELO's Face the Music, Eldorado, Out of the Blue, A New World Record or Discovery

Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here is often seen in dollar bins, garage sales, etc...

King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King turns up from time to time...

lot's of great stuff, Cheap Trick records, the Cult, Billy Joel, yeah I've scored so many classics from the dollar bins

Any Yes albums like Going for the One, Close to the Edge, Drama, Fragile, Yessongs, Tormato or 90125 are all worth the very few dollars you'd have to pay for them.

Electric Light Orchestra/ELO's Face the Music, Eldorado, Out of the Blue, A New World Record or Discovery

Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here is often seen in dollar bins, garage sales, etc...

lot's of great stuff, Cheap Trick records, the Cult, Billy Joel, yeah I've scored so many classics from the dollar bins

dude, if you find any cult albums, let me know. been looking for some nice conditioned ones. there are very few found here.

i just picked up 6 LPs and 5 EPs from bob seger on ebay...total cost 10.96...

LPs: Live Bullet, Against the Wind, The Distance, Stranger in Town, Night Moves and Beautiful Loser

EPs: Still the Same/We've Got Tonight, Shakedown, Brave Strangers, We've Got Tonight and Old Time Rock and Roll

dude, if you find any cult albums, let me know. been looking for some nice conditioned ones. there are very few found here.

A record store I go to every week has three or four Cult albums in the new arrivals bin currently. I have no idea what titles or prices but I can check it out for you next time I'm there (likely tomorrow or Saturday).

i'm pretty sure that i've seen a copy of this in varying degrees of decay in every salvation army/goodwill i've ever been in.

yeah, it's right behind the "Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hits" or "Frampton comes alive" as "Most seen album in a thrift store"

don't forget anything and everything by Englebert Humperdink!