PO: Tyler, The Creator - Goblin on XL Recordings

not crazy about this, calling it hip-hop is using the genre in a very vague sense, more like experimental/alternative rap. Listened to it a few times but I can't really see it's likeable qualities other than it sounds like no one else.
His voice sounds a lot like Aesop Rock to me.

maybe an extremely amateur aesop. They don't write songs they just take turns on obscure beats seeing who can have the most outlandish lyrics while sounding like they could care less about creating it. They are not the rappers rapper.

I gotta get this record! According to my friend, the OFWGKTM show in Toronto was insane! A most pit where someone got fucked (Tyler posted a pic. I'll add it soon), someone stole Tylers hat and shoes. Hodgy was climbing walls. There shows seem like a pretty fun time.

the shows are insane man, if you ever have a chance to see them GO! its a fucking wild time.

picked mine up at my local record shop yesterday.. they just got them in the mail.

the artwork is cool, and of course the jams! good release.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':k0tzmorz]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':k0tzmorz]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

obscure beats

lolwut

Tyler doesn't sample at all.

Odd Toddlers from "BASTARD" has a sample in it .

Though, I'm not exactly sure what thewmatic is referring to with this

"They don't write songs they just take turns on obscure beats seeing who can have the most outlandish lyrics while sounding like they could care less about creating it."s

My guess is that they are referring to the Radical mixtape which is pretty much all samples.

the numbers are in: this sold over 50k; not too shabby..

SERIOUSLY?

Yup, it was #4 on Billboard. Im stoked for him.

There's an official release of Mellowhype's "Blackenedwhite" on CD and LP beginning of July too which Im pretty stoked for.

EDIT: ..and yes both CD and LP for Mellowhype will be available at HT in stores and online.

SERIOUSLY?

There's an official release of Mellowhype's "Blackenedwhite" on CD and LP beginning of July too which Im pretty stoked for.

EDIT: ..and yes both CD and LP for Mellowhype will be available at HT in stores and online.

Pumped to pick up "Blackendwhite" on vinyl, I find myself listen to the album the most out of all the OF stuff.

Any word on when the Goblin vinyl will come to HT?

Pumped to pick up "Blackendwhite" on vinyl, I find myself listen to the album the most out of all the OF stuff.

Any word on when the Goblin vinyl will come to HT?

Goblin is starting to finally come in from the vendor. Still missing quite a bit of it tho. Shouldnt be much longer. I personally cant wait, Ive been dying to pick up a copy of it!

Jesus christ.

Travis, thanks for picking up a ton of copies of the GDP record by the way. Those will be in pretty soon.

No problem dude!

• 2 weeks later...