Dredg - Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

ugh... so tired of everyone talking about dredg having fallen off because of this album. basically you should look at this album as a side project. personally i love everything dredg has written, including this album. probably doesn't hurt that i'm a big fan of DTA's work. i talked to Mark after their show last week and he said that it probably would have sounded a lot different if they had mixed it, but apparently DTA handled all the final mixing.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I definitely noticed the decline of that on TPTPTD which I did not like very much. It just felt that they were trying to sound like a more normal grandiose Rock band like U2 and then mix that with Euro-Pop on that album and I did not care for that at all. CWA was good and the demos were all very promising but in the end it wound up being waaaaaaaaaaay too polished. Still a great effort though as far as the material is concerned. I guess el Cielo is pretty polished as well but because the material sounds so much more obscure its not as noticeable and the guitar tone retained this amazing stone like texture like liquid rock scathing across the aural plane.

I find it very surprising that a lot of people don't seem to care for "Pariah...". To me it has much more of an "album" feel to it rather than just a collection of songs like the new album and CWA. Personally, I love Pariah as much if not more than El Cielo and Leitmotif and I've listened to them since between the release of Leitmotif and El Cielo.

Final note on "Chuckles...", to me it sounds like this should have been a B-sides album or something. It just doesn't sound like a complete album to me. Oh well. I'll always love them and will continue to buy whatever they release.

• 3 years later...