RX Bandits

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TO ALL THE RX BANDITS FANS:
I'm sorry to say, it looks like I wont be playing drums on this upcoming tour with RxB. You guys are the best fans in the world, and as a drummer I have always felt much love from you all. Unfortunately things didn't turn out the way I would have liked. Perhaps I will see you all sometime soon on tour with another project or band. 
In the mean time, you can reach me and find out about all the other stuff I'm working on through my website- www.c-gak.com 
Thanks

They might as well call this off :/ Pretty much confirms c-gak left rxb.

Edited by Unique Antics

He wasn't on tour last fall, correct. The sad part is that this isn't even mentioned on RX Bandits' FB page. 

edit: He replied to someone asking if he left

"No, I'm not sure where I stand at the moment, but I will never willfully leave the band. Some shit needs to be worked out, if, or when that will happen, I dont know."

Edited by Unique Antics

I'm not sure I will be recording with them either. Were not in such a good place to be honest. I don't want to get into it, but the relationship has been deteriorating for a while. Just to set the record straight, having kids hasn't, and wont stop me from touring or following any of my aspirations. Touring with kids is tough, but there are ways to make it work. Its more than that. Like I said, I dont want to put too many details out there, but lets just say, my participation in this tour was not considered to be an important part of the tour. And for that reason, I'm not going to be on it.

On 8/13/2016 at 1:52 PM, ilikeguitars said:

i do miss the horns and will definitely miss C Gak. 

At least we're getting the horn section back for this tour. If you think about it, the previous comment "Just to set the record straight, having kids hasn't, and wont stop me from touring or following any of my aspirations. Touring with kids is tough, but there are ways to make it work. Its more than that." and the fact that the reason he didn't tour last fall was because his wife was having another kid leads me to believe that C-Gak left RXB a year ago. Also Matt mentioned on Twitter that C-Gak is tired of touring (for now) and Javier Torres has been drumming with them for a year so it all makes sense.