City & Colour • Sometimes : The Thread

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i first heard dallas's demos of city and colour songs i thought they were super boring and didn't give them another chance til my sister got super into him a little later on.

BMYL and little hell are definitely his two strongest releases.

this. It took me many listens to get into Sometimes

I loved sometimes when I first heard it because Alexis has been my favorite band since the S/T release and a buddy of mine found city and colour when the demos were out and "hello, I'm in Delaware" hooked me but I feel the same as most, he's only gotten better mostly because all the songs aren't the same anymore.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/WhatsNew/Music/City-And-Colour--Little-Hell-Vinyl-LP-323117.jsp?cm_re=M usic-_-Link+2-_-LP+LITTLE+HELL

now is that a special color or do we have the pressing info here for Little Hell?

HT has black, the same as everyone else. the only exclusive / special colour is a band exclusive.

For all you dreamers out there, Mr. Green just announced a remix contest for his latest single "Fragile Bird". A press release explains that fans can take a crack at the rocking blues stomper however they want. Winner takes home $1,000 and gets an official release on dine alone.

http://exclaim.ca/News/city_colour_announce_remix_contest

just got this e-mail.. for all of the collectors!

"We're so excited to finally announce full headlining City and Colour USA and European tours in support of Little Hell!

Pre-Sales begin tomorrow, Tuesday June 21 at 10am local time in each city and run until Thursday June 23, while pre-sale quantities last. You'll be able to purchase your tickets during pre-sale straight from cityandcolour.ca/tour

Tickets will be available to purchase on their own or with added bonus items of your choosing which include the Little Hell CD, 18 x 24 metallic screen printed tour poster and a 10" coloured vinyl. The 10" features a live version of "sometimes (I wish)" on side A and 2 untitled tracks on side B. While the featured tracks are the same for both the USA and Eurpean pre-sales, colours are limited edition pressings specific for each tour leg.

All those that purchase the pre-sale package including a ticket, poster and 10" vinyl will be entered into a draw to win a Meet & Greet with Dallas in the city of the show you are attending.

General public onsales begin Friday June 24. Exact times and outlets will be listed at cityandcolour.ca following Tuesday's presale.

Here are the tour dates:

EUROPEAN TOUR:

09/30 - Vienna, Austra @ WUK

10/01 - Zurich, Switzerland @ Exil

10/02 - CesenaBonci, Italy @ Theater

10/04 - Colonge, DE @ Essigfabrik

10/05 - Berlin, DE @ Lido

10/06 - Hamburg, DE @ Greunspan

10/08 - Amsterdam, Holland @ Melkweg8

10/09 - Antwerp, Belgium @ Trix

10/11 - Paris, France @ Fleche D'or

10/13 - Cardiff, UK @ St David's Hall

10/14 - New Castle, UK @ City Hall

10/15 - Glasgow, UK @ Academy

10/17 - Manchester, UK @ Academy 2

10/18 - London, UK @ Roundhouse

USA TOUR:

09/14 - Dallas, TX - Southside Music Hall

09/15 – Houston, TX @ House of Blues

10/27 – New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues

11/03 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Orpheum

11/04 – Pomona, CA @ The Fox Theater

11/05 – San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore

11/08 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues

11/09 – Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee

11/11 – Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue

11/12 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre

11/13 – Omaha, NE @ Slowdown

11/14 – Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre

11/16 – St. Louis, MO @ Blueberry Hill

11/17 – Nashville, TN @ The Mercy Lounge

11/18 – Knoxville, TN @ The Bijou Theatre

11/19 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s

11/21 – Louisville, KY @ Headliners

11/23 – Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre

11/25 – Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit

11/27 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues

11/30 – Niagara Falls, NY @ Rapids Theatre

12/01 – S. Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground

12/02 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues

12/03 – Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street

12/05 – New Haven, CT @ Toad’s Place

12/07 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5

12/09 – Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero

12/10 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club"

So there's a variant for the euro part and USA of this 10"? What about the tour copy of little hell? Still goin on all the way in December? My date is the last one. Piss. Probably be sold out by the time he rolls to DC.

yes I think that´s what the mail is saying! I think I will go to the date in zurich.. so tomorrow I am going to buy tickets and the 10".. maybe we could do a trade? euro for US?

and no words about the colored Little Hell copy.. hopefully he will have them with him on that tour

if someone can get a euro 10" i'd be interested in buying it or potentially trading some stuff for it, pm me if you're interested. im hoping to get the usa 10" myself so me and my girlfriend can go to a show thats close and wont cost a load of money like our trek to chicago earlier this year to see one of his 3 USA shows