PO: Fucked Up David Comes 2 Life Buy Early Get Now

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted all these David Comes to Life-lyrics over at antoher forum, so here you go:

Act One

Love, then tragedy strikes the town.

QUEEN OF HEARTS

David and Veronica meet

Sun rises above the factory but the rays don't make it to the street. Through the gates come the employees, beaten down and dragging their feet. A group of lefties hand out pamphlets to the workers coming in. For two people on the pavement life will never be the same again. When she placed it in his hand, people must have seen the sparks. Neither understands what just happened to their hearts. "Another morning in this place has ripped me out of my dream." Realizing life's a waste as the whistle lets off steam. One thing about it all is nothing's ever going to change. It's like our progress has just stalled and everyday is the same. "She placed it in my hand." Co-workers must have seen the sparks. "I couldn't understand what just happened to my heart." "Hello, my name is David, your name is Veronica, let's be together, let's fall in love. Hello, my name is David, your name is Veronica - let's be together, until the stars go out." All we need is for something to give, the dam bursts open, we suddenly live. "The boot off my throat, life is returning, the boot off my throat, let's all emote." "Dawn breaks across this town and a new dawn breaks for me. I couldn't take the pains of the underclass, trying to smile through gritted teeth. We must now all join up and throw off the shackles of shame. United we can't be defeated, they shall hear us proclaim. I placed it in his hand. Comrades must have seen the sparks. I couldn't understand what happened to my heart. Hello, your name is David, I am Veronica, let's be together, until the water swallows us. Hello, you must be David, I am Veronica - let's be together, until we're all finally crushed." All we need is for something to give, the dam bursts open, we suddenly live. "The boot off my throat, life is returning, the boot off my throat, let's all emote."

UNDER MY NOSE

Their love mimics the symmetry of the natural world

The wind has changed and now it's brought all the sweetest smells he'd forgot. Not the faintest stench from the old days as it all finally drifts away. Damn those skeptics, harbingers of doom; negative epidemic, followers of Hume. He understands all her needs, and for that she loves him eternally. Syncretism is so natural and they're experiencing something so actual. "My sun is shining, how about yours? It's kind of blinding, burn my eyes pure." It's all been worth it. Now he looks forward to waking up, she's unstuck him from his rut. He couldn't wait to run off and go to sleep and let all his problems make their retreat. "Used to wake up screaming, stolen from our dreams; now I wake up beaming and the world just gleams." With a sense of impending doom that it's all going to end too soon, it's all too good to be true, where the fuck is the other shoe? It's all been worth it.

THE OTHER SHOE

Happiness always comes with a price

"We're dying on the inside." Right on time here's the other shoe. Clouds overhead start to loom. Some born to win others fated to lose. From options offered we must choose. "My friend dread is right on time, can't start to think that it is fine." Watch the tower as it starts to teeter. The new lyrics follow the same old meter. It can't be comfortable when the whole thing's about to fall. "We're dying on the inside." "Butterflies, my stomach starts to heave. What joyous blunder waits for me? Finished first but I missed the start. Hitched the mule behind the cart." Take the rose by the thorns. Hope for sun, but here's the storm. So head outside and wait for rain. Watch it all go down the drain. It can't be comfortable when the whole thing's about to fall. "We're dying on the inside." "We settle in but it's time to go, taken to sea by the undertow. Love the smell but I hate the taste. Feeling good is such a waste. Loved the book but I hate the end, gained a lover but I lost a friend. Straight to worst, from the best. Nothing can fill that hole in my chest." It can't be comfortable when the whole thing's about fall. To make things worse, it all goes so fast and we try to hold on as they go past. We need a Peter, we get a Paul; at least Judas had some balls. To make a move on these building doubts about how this messiah thing would shake out, "I feel the nail against my skin, wait for the hammer to drive it in." It can't be comfortable when you know the whole thing is about to fall. "We're dying on the inside."

TURN THE SEASON

Love's fuse ignites a consuming fire

Things go up and then go down, chase a smile with a frown. He knows that his joy will stop, waiting for the other shoe to drop. He's a ship on the sea, setting sail to perfidy. He is cold, he is warm, he's the peace inside the storm. Feel the swelling of a wave, hear the ringing of a bell, he's been weak and he's been brave, he's been to heaven and he's been to hell. See the old in the new, see life stretch out before you, see a mother in the child, there was youth behind grey eyes. I don't know him anymore, he isn't like he was before. A stone is taken by the tide, another season on the other side. Like the spinning of a wheel, he'll be hurt but he will heal. There's a flower in the weeds, there's a life inside the seed. (And he said) "I have never been as happy as I am today", (but then the seasons turned and the darkness came) "so when it all falls apart I will have peace in my heart" (try to think of the healing that comes out of the pain). "Try to redeem myself for my mistakes in advance", (the sun will always shine after the rain) "I know that when I fall down I'll get another chance" (just wipe away the tears and try again). We couldn't see without the dark, thing's wouldn't end without a spark. There is no truth without lies and no future without memories. He's in the middle of the road, from where he's been and where he'll go. He's the forest kissed by flames, the trees die so they can grow again. He knows that death is part of life, he would have made that girl his wife. Now there's only darkness, there is no dawn, now that she's gone. (And he said) "I have never been as happy as I am today", (but then the seasons turned and the darkness came) "so when it all falls apart I will have peace in my heart" (try to think of the healing that comes out of the pain). "Try to redeem myself for my mistakes in advance", (the sun will always shine after the rain) "I know that when I fall down I'll get another chance" (just wipe away the tears and try again).

Act Two

David loses Veronica, and then himself, as he succumbs to guilt and despair.

RUNNING ON NOTHING

Another loss leads David to depression

"How could we have been so blind to the effects each time? Why keep watching when you know the end? Why make this journey again and again? We know it's just pain and lies, let's watch and feign surprise. Afraid to admit that it's all a facade and we wind up alone in spite of what they laud. I've been marching for so long, I towed the line, so strong. I kept holding until it tore me apart, a hand thrust in my chest and ripped out my heart. So mother, may I please submit, the notion that I no longer believe in this shit? Lay me on the consummation bed, a fatal blow driven to the maidenhead. We're running on nothing, on the fumes of our dreams. At another point in my life, that was good enough for me. Short plume, fades fast, the petals fall and crash. I believe one could put it best, ‘we spend most of life dealing with the mess'. The saddest joy is why I concede, but bitter resolution is why I secede. Sick of falling from the lowest low, the higher the height, the further you go. Pull myself back to bended knee, not just an emotion, it hurts physically. Swans mate for life or so I've heard, which is fitting, because that shit's for the birds. We're running on nothing, the fumes of our dreams, at another point in my life, that was good enough for me. They leave, it hurts, if you see it coming, it's worse. Stiff upper lip as we carry on, let's pretend that this is making us strong. And we can only take so much before our sense of decency is finally crushed and all that's left is a dried out husk with the belief that love isn't going to save us. We're running on nothing, just the fumes of our dreams, at another point in my life, that was good enough for me. Those better days ain't going to come. Those better days have passed us by. Those better days have all run out because those better days were a lie. Fall."

REMEMBER MY NAME

David condemns love in his lonely solace

No truer plea has ever been, than what, through David, we have seen. His turn from a life of frustration to embrace love's condemnation. Better to let love lie than have to see it die. It's better to be alone than feel your heart turn to stone. The flower grows just for the seed as the honey's song composes the bee. Shouldn't a free man's soul rise above these ravenous designs of love? Better to be born blind than see and then lose sight. Better a desolate peace than to fight with your memories. "So take my heart with you to the grave, it just pumps cold blood through my veins. I lost it all in fate's cruel game. Only the devil remembers my name." Only a foolish heart concedes to fate and the trials and turns that it dictates. The only love that will never die is the love that you always deny. Like a barb it clings, the loss forever stings, the pain will never leave, love is a cruel disease. Like a wick that holds to the flame, the path you took to her started the blaze. The match you made is to blame, the steps to love and death were the same. Now that you've loved and lost, would you repay the cost? A price so severe, if you had never loved her she'd be here. "So take my heart with you to the grave, it just pumps cold blood through my veins. I lost it all in fate's cruel game. Only the devil remembers my name."

A SLANTED TONE

Vivian brings a new perspective to the fore

"His voice in the sky is the sound that you hear. His timbre is dim and his motives aren't clear. Why does the prophet above have so much to fear? Things aren't always the way they appear. He's a horn with a slanted tone, he's the back without the bone. The king sits on a crooked throne, stuck inside of the story alone. When he raised a trumpet to his mouth the sound of every voice tumbled out. When he stretched the canvas into his frame he painted everyone with the same brush. He has the whole world on a string and he tells the choir when to sing. He's a shadow in the sky. He's a horn with a slanted tone, he's the back without the bone. The king sits on a crooked throne, stuck inside of the story alone. His description of truth has the pages torn. His inscription of roses are just the thorns. His scripture is ripped from the back of his hand. The scribe's wish is the subject's command. He's a horn with a slanted tone, he's the back without the bone. The king sits on a crooked throne, stuck inside of the story alone. When he raised a trumpet to his mouth the sound of every voice tumbled out. When he stretched the canvas into his frame he painted everyone with the same brush. He has the whole world on a string and he tells the choir when to sing. He's a shadow in the sky. I'm witnessing things I never thought I'd see. There's a darkness now I could not foresee. An innocent man resigned to a plea. A company in captivity by a narrator's desire to be free from the confines of an honest story. It all seems so surreal but between you and me, there's a light at the end of the tale so you'll see that the way things are now aren't the way they'll always be. How can I let them know, the truth about Octavio? That he was lying all along. Don't trust the words you hear in a song."

SERVE ME RIGHT

David turns his back on love as his culpability is outlined

I knew it wouldn't last. It all happened so fast. One minute they were so in love and the next one she had passed. I always had my doubts. I figured it all out. I knew something was curious when he would talk about how love wasn't a race, the guilt writ on his face, right there in black and white, I think it serves him right. I told you it was him. I tell it like it is. The story served his purpose and look at what he did. I just read the lines - the acts are his designs. I don't tell him what to do, I just tell it back to you. And I will tell you this, he killed her with his kiss. I think it serves him right. "Maybe it was my fault and I deserve to be upset, maybe the price of being wrong is a lifetime of regret. So please tear up my memories into a thousand little parts and give them to somebody else so that they won't tear up my heart." The words are adding up. The overflowing cup. The leads and the details are enough to tip the scale. Take his life for a refrain, make the verses his domain, put him inside of the frame and have him tell the tale again. A life in paper he will serve. The correction he deserves. A lifetime to recite, I think it serves him right. Everyone's agreed that David did mislead as he concealed from everyone his crimes and his misdeeds More power in the sentence than in the power of the word. His time into tenses and his actions into verbs. It serves him right. "Maybe it was my fault and I deserve to be upset, maybe the price of being wrong is a lifetime of regret. So please tear up my memories into a thousand little parts and give them to somebody else so that they won't tear up my heart. Box up the hopes I had to change, I don't want them around. Strike a nail into the coffin and put it in the ground. If a confession's what you want, I'm happy to oblige. Sing it from the mountaintops, I know the truth's a lie. So throw me to the lions to give them a bitter meal. An eternity of hurt couldn't compare to how I feel. Or lock me up forever, I won't put up a fight. I tried to steal a little love from life, I know it serves me right."

Act Three

Another character is revealed, putting the responsibility for Veronica's death into question.

TRUTH I KNOW

Octavio, the narrator, is revealed as a participant in the events of the play

I won't say I'm guilty but the truth has changed. Trust me my friend it'll end better this way. I couldn't watch quietly and I won't pretend to understand. I don't feign piety, but why would a God ever want to be... I could feign stories of regret and woe but morals implore me to share the truth that I know. I couldn't watch quietly and I won't pretend to understand. I don't feign piety, but why would God choose to be a man? So it's stressful days followed by restless nights, but I know I'm just, I bear the burden of right. And it's worse for the liar than the one deceived. Don't offer me solace because I don't believe. I couldn't watch quietly and I won't pretend to understand. I won't feign piety, but why would God choose to be a... The dimmest bulb in that factory tore her away and our hearts still bleed. I couldn't watch quietly and I don't pretend to understand. I won't feign piety, but why would God choose to be a... And what of the fate of Veronica dear, he manipulates you with crocodile tears. And I can't pretend that it's alright that his human darkness snuffed her light. So fathers, don't cast your blame. In my place you'd do the same. And mother, do what thou wilt, it erodes us like the silt. Their sons destroy our world by stealing your little girls. The daughter you've loved from birth slumbers beneath the earth. So ask yourself, what is one life worth when measured against the children we birthed? Yet he is free to live and carry on and she had to die and it's all so wrong. "I will have order in this court room. I will have order in this court. I will have... I will have... Order." The ones who make history and the ones who repeat all wind up the same under our feet. But what survives is what's passed down. I have my legacy and I am proud.

LIFE IN PAPER

David questions Octavio's motives and his role in the plot

"Who can I trust? All I see is an empty sky. Who can I trust? What good's a God who can't hear my cries? Who can I trust? These paper walls are closing in on me. Who can I trust? Nothing left for me to believe. With crooked compass, you navigate. And slanted motive, you narrate. Cross the lines to twist fate. Lose the plot as you obdurate. Prop yourself on a turn of phrase. What are you hiding, why are you afraid? I see a bias lurking in your verbs. Your actions speak louder than your words. As you allege I must object. You are the cause to the effect. Who can I trust? All I see is an empty sky. Who can I trust? What good's a God who can't hear my cries? Who can I trust? These paper walls are closing in on me. Who can I trust? Nothing left for me to believe. Dot your I's and cross your T's. Build a cage of words and throw away the keys. Paint a picture with foul adjectives. Punish the subject with the subjective. Steal the scene for your pronouncement of a sentence for the common nouns. But you changed the name before the predicate - an error of grammatical etiquette. I stand alone with my independent clause: She may be gone but I am not the cause. You left your role with your passive voice. Our outcome is not your choice. Tried to set the tone and tense. This life in paper that you have spent has left you cruel and discontent. Rip the pages right out of your book. Blind to your words, deaf to your hooks. Escape the tempo and the time. I cut the bars and fall out of my lines. Who can I trust? All I see is an empty sky. Who can I trust? What good's a God who can't hear my cries? Who can I trust? These paper walls are closing in on me. Who can I trust? Nothing left for me to believe."

SHIP OF FOOLS

The personified David and Octavio spar in a side story

In the guts of a ship in the middle of the sea stands a ring for the rivals for everyone to see. They spar around the center of their own duality. The audience is full and pressed against the ropes, chanting for the blood of the loser of the bout. The fighters are their fears and symbolize their hope, they want to escape but there is no way out. The speaker and the spoke, the axle and the wheel. The teller and the tale, the flower and the bee. The sword and the steel, the beast and the yoke. The fish and the sea, the prisoner and the jail. Like God asking Abraham to kill his only son, he cries out for help, he stares at the sun. He never gets an answer when the day finally comes. When David fought Goliath he wasn't bound to lines. Now he'll never hit his mark, his opponent makes the rules. He's a servant to the story and a gallery's confines, drifting on a sea of words, trapped on a ship of fools. The speaker and the spoke, the axle and the wheel. The teller and the tale, the flower and the bee. The sword and the steel, the beast and the yoke. The fish and the sea, the prisoner and the jail. Sinking on the ship of fools. You clamor for an outcome, a candid dénouement. The hunger for a resolution manifests the end. It concludes with an ovation, clap the blood off of your hands. He knows he couldn't help her when she needed him the most. What he gave her won't undo the one thing that he took. He was the vine around a flower, love in a fatal dose, so his story won't endure - the losers never write the books. The speaker and the spoke, the axle and the wheel. The teller and the tale, the flower and the bee. The sword and the steel, the beast and the yoke. The fish and the sea, the prisoner and the jail. The fire and the smoke, the starved and the meal. The head and the tail, the nut from the tree. The wax and the seal, the dagger and the cloak. The loss and the grief, the hammer and the nail.

A LITTLE DEATH

Defeated, and resigned to his fate, David rationalizes his loss, thinking himself better off without love

"Like the leaves that fall off of a tree, I know that love has just left me. I can give in to being estranged as the branches wilt and the colours change. And the fish that wash up on the shore, who won't swim in the sea anymore, are like those thousands of wasted days upon those million grains of sand. And like the leaves that pile to decay these little deaths happen every day. Maybe our love was just a cliché and not unique because it happened to me. Let my life blow away in the wind, carry those old dreams far from me. I'll just be alone and pass the time. I'm better off, it was too much, a little death from every touch. I had to run, I had to leave, I'm dead inside but I can breathe. And I see now that it was me, I've lost my love and my family. But let the trees and the sea feel contrite, convince myself that it's alright. Better to smile and take the blame than to hold on to the truth and the pain. I don't want love if it will hurt me again. I'm better off, it was too much, a little death from every touch. I had to run, I had to leave, I'm dead inside but I can breathe. The leaves that fall never grow back, their colours fade and turn to black. Forget the things you used to love, just give up and let the memory fade."

Act Four

A revelation from Vivian sheds more light on Veronica's death; Octavio and Vivian explain their motives, and David is reborn.

I WAS THERE

Vivian reveals she was present at the scene of the crime

"Salt for a stone, skin from the bone, a fission, division from merged to alone. Composure to dust turns sterling to rust, the marriage of fire and frozen combusts. I was there when a bomb went off in his heart, that sudden release that ripped him apart. It scarred and imploded the space in his soul, his dreams are craters, his life is a hole. Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse, burnt memories and shrapnel diffuse. Melting to blood, the blue flames above paint sulphurous shadow elegies to love. Copper from gold, the banding unfolds, the halo of hope goes from tender to cold. The shockwave swells as the pressure grows when passion explodes we all burn in its harsh glow. I have the same scars from when part of me died, but I lived and came out on the other side. The sorrow is worth the redemption you'll feel, life spins like a wheel and you start to heal. I saw the mind of my first love destroyed, the detonation that pulled him into the void. I watched from the side as the madness evolved, like you I'm a witness and can't get involved. Tattooed to my mind, frozen in time, a bomb in his hand, glass turning to sand. One union dissolves as another is made, powder to spark to brilliance to dark. The paper corrupts the pavement to erupt, screams from streets shatters the peace. Silence from sound, then confusion to calm, a fire dawned and then she was gone. Remember the girl. I was there."

INSIDE A FRAME

Octavio reveals his true role

A vengeful angel flies around the sun, dripping his wax down on those that watch. The feathers fall next, they're dancing down. Such a graceful decent, so unlike his own. Crashing down to earth, destruction in his wake he caused. There I go again, trying to narrate so I could hide my role. Have to own up, have to concede, they used me like you. We all have our jobs, markers of our fate, that dictate our place. But now I know it's not his fault. How could I hold him responsible? So wrought by what I've done, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. So what of the man with the wooden god? Never did him good, but never steered him wrong. Can't claim the same, the blood on my hands marks my guilt, exposes my crimes. I've played with lives, like the Gods of old. But I'm no God I'm just a fool. The leader of the mob, king of the swayed, culpable. The moms and dads who turned to me now clutch their torches at my door. Try to alleviate the burden of my guilt. I never really had agency. I'm just a false prophet, just a heretic, powerless without your belief. But now I know it's not his fault. How could I hold him responsible? So wrought by what I've done, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. A young couple meets and falls in love and live so happily ever after, it's a platitude. But it's a lie, affections unrequited. The presence of someone else will complicate the best laid plans of invertebrates made evil by love. But now I know it's not his fault. How could I hold him responsible? So wrought by what I've done, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Trapped inside a frame not of my design. Simply follow the story and remember the lines. I had no choice, this is how I was cast, this is how I was cast, I had no choice. Trapped inside a frame, not of my design, follow what is destined and tow the line. There is no escape, that's why they call it fate.

THE RECURSIVE GIRL

Vivian considers the cycle of life, and explains her history with David

"To love and to lose has been my refrain - just when I think I've found hope I lose it again. Friends become lovers become friends, the players pass but the feelings stay the same. Hold the bitter taste in my mouth, I don't want forget, don't want to spit it out. The pain can only last for so long. A sweetness lingers after it's gone. Take it all on board as I go through life, those loves are all that I know. I'm the sum of everyone, I hold on to the memories after the people are gone. Hold the bitter taste in my mouth, I don't want forget, don't want to spit it out. The pain can only last for so long. A sweetness lingers after it's gone. The start of something new in the end. We all get to try love again. Like characters who all switch place, I'll wipe the tears from my face. Your heart is made from the places it's been. Mine's been through a lot and the state that I'm in now that I've lived through a loss and been fine, gives me hope that tomorrow the sun will still shine. Hold the bitter taste in my mouth, I don't want forget, don't want to spit it out. The pain can only last for so long. A sweetness lingers after it's gone. Watching the waves of my life wash to shore. The pattern they take can't fool me anymore. I want to feel it all because I know things change. I want to get wet before I come in from the rain. Hold the bitter taste in my mouth, I don't want forget, don't want to spit it out. The pain can only last for so long. A sweetness lingers after it's gone. A change of perspective not one of place. The memories mean too much to erase. The seasons turn to come back again. I still love him but I want it that way. The start of something new in the end. We all get to try love again. Like characters who all switch place, I'll wipe the tears from my face. I remember our love like it was yesterday. The notes score my heart like the charts from a play. I don't have to let go to move on in my way. I look back as I grow and I know that it's okay."

ONE MORE NIGHT

David shares his last words with Veronica

"I've spent too much of my life defending my past. Can't find power in truth when it never lasts. Never said I was a hero, just that I'd been miscast. Throughout all of the stress of being accused. My defenses replaced the love that we knew. I never got the chance just to miss you. I'd go through it again. I would embrace the pain if it gave me the chance for just one more glance of you in my arms to hold in my dreams. It's too hard to ever let you go. I may be alone now but I'll always know that you'll never be gone just as long as I keep hold of the memories we made when we were in love. I'd give into the lie to keep your memory alive. I know trying to forget you was my only crime. I never wanted to be right I just wanted to say goodbye. So take my sight - she's the wind in my hair. And then take my touch - I know that she's still there, in the songs of the birds just as long as they're words, I remember her taste in the sun on my face. So strip me away - I don't want to be real. I want to float through this peace that I feel. The memories stay like a seed in the rain. I'll nurture our love and live through it again. She's alive in my head so I'll live there instead and remember our love. "Do all words can do, David I still love you. I want you to grow but never let me go. I'll be a seed in your heart, I'll be with you when you start, to turn and hum again, I'll be a part of your love. Your life will sprout like a tree and all the leaves will be me and all the fruit will glow just to let you know that I loved you the best, now I can rest." I felt your hair on my chest as your heart came to rest, it's tempo tied to the spin of the world I lived in. Maybe I won't say goodbye, pretend you never died. But I couldn't live in a world I didn't forgive. You know if I could, I'd carve myself out of wood, paint over my scars and wish upon a star. I watched that sun as it drowned and rise again from the ground, in its perennial grace I see your shining face. Now that you've gone away, I can finally say that if you were here today I'd love you the same way. It's all happened before and it will happen again, when you realize the end is the same place you began. I rest my case on my heart, I'm sick of playing the part. I don't want to be right, I just want one more night. I don't want to be right, I just want one more night. I don't want to be right, I just want one more night."

LIGHTS GO UP

David comes to life, with love in his heart

I am old but I want to do it again. But like the end of a book when there are no pages left, you can only look back at the time that you spent, not the life that you wanted but the life that you led. I've seen it all but I don't know what's next. Ours wasn't a love for an audience. The pictures we take don't resolve, they only reflect. Feeling like I've been here before. Stood on this stage, walked through that door. There are still so many things that I will never know, after the lights go up and the curtains close. I've seen it all but I don't know what's next. Ours wasn't a love for an audience. The pictures we take don't resolve, they only reflect. I'm still in love with you, after all of this time. The best days of my life were when you were mine. They'll be the branches I always use to climb through my life. Sometimes life is so empty, sometimes life is so cold, I wanted to grow old with you but I put that on hold. I'll see you again when our story gets retold. And I've been here before. Cast a seed to the sky as my valediction, that you could be the vine to grow a truth from the fiction. Empty the theatre, rush through the door, start living the life you never could before. It's the morning again at the factory, someone will meet me there and rip me out of my dream. Warm my blood before I say goodbye, a new sun in the sky and love will never die.

• 2 weeks later...