Good Documentaries?

"Which Way Home" (HBO)

Watched this on TV last night and I think it's great. It's about latin american children riding the freight trains trying to get to the U.S. If you can find it, watch it! Trailer and fulll synopsis here:

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/which-way-home/synopsis.html

Just watched the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia...#thelulz so much debauchery. A relatively light/fun doc but it did get a little heavy in spots. Probably gonna watch it again tonight. I haven't even seen such blatant drug use on Intervention.

I loved it.

The "sexiest" one looks like a McPoyle.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396227/

I'm not sure if this was already posted... But I watched a really interesting doc. about wolverines. It's on Netflix instant Q and I believe it's called Wolverines: Chasing the Phantom.

I now know more about wolverines than most people thanks to this film.

Oh shit, I LOVED this one. I am a huge Wolverine fan now. The Beavers doc on Netflix instant is pretty good if you're into the nature thing. That Wolverine one though, wow, awesome.

has anyone checked out BBC's Human Planet series? ive watched 2 of the 8 episodes so far, and its fascinating the way people live

I loved it. It's six-part series but the 6th episode is just a "greatest hits" compilation, so really there are only 5. I'll probably buy the Blu Ray set when it's reasonably priced just because some of the stuff they show people doing is absolutely amazing. I can't just explain the guys that hunt with eagles on their arms or the dude that walks on the ocean floor, I have to show that shit to people.

oh man, it was so badass when the eagle took out that fox.

and that dude with the lungs of a mer-man was crazy, but the compression diving was discomforting to watch. especially when the guy started talking about his son hanging himself after the bends paralyzed him.

I've actually only seen (I think?) half, or maybe more of Jesus Camp. I was about to pass out when we started watching it but I tried to stay up for it. I could only deal with it for so long, it was infuriating how ignorant and manipulative some of the people in there are. I probably got pissed at it faster than I normally would because I was already tired but yeah. I got a laugh out of the entirely predictable Harry Potter is the DEVILLLL stuff though and the girl that liked to jam christian rock haha. I was just thinking, "little girl, let me show you Impending Doom, your mother will love them".

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':lfr42szz]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':lfr42szz]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I think the term "reactionary" Christian is more fitting.

And people see what they want to see in that documentary. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I felt it was pretty straightforward. The camp leader/pastor whatever she goes by (I prefer "closeted lesbian Jabba the Hutt") clearly states that she sees no issue with brainwashing children into Christianity because "that's what the Muslims are doing". Seeing those kids bawling their eyes out because they "sinned" was really hard to watch. This doc further emphasizes the guilt and shame pushed upon the Christian population as a whole. If you can take children who probably can't even read the bible and tell them they're going to hell because they dance for fun instead of for the lord (or something equally ridiculous, yes this was in the video) you're exploiting THE largest, most susceptible population of Christians for radical profit. They had some stat that said somewhere around 1/3 of Christians are children. It's clear they have no choice in the matter. Whether they escape it physically it's still stuck with them mentally. Each of these kids is truly fucked for life.

"Who wants to come up here and give up your life for God?"

precisely.