Things you regret selling/trading away

mrc

I regret leaving my straight edge Swatch watch in plain sight locked in my car about 20 years ago. Had to replace my window and now out a $300+ watch that I loved. :'(

Bought all the variants of Metallica's Creeping Death out of the back of Circus or Hit Parader magazine, gave the white copy to a coke head buddy for his birthday... that fucker was up over $700 at one point, untill it got booted.

Guest markovianprocess

I miss my This Will Destroy You and Descendents records, and I just received 25 LP and 25 7'' mailers, so I'm going to miss all of these records too. :(

All my singles. In the early 90s, I was moving across the country and paying for that move myself. At the time, the singles just seemed like a pain the ass to pack so I sold them to a used record shop for practically pennies. Lots of early punk/new wave singles, Beatles EPs, Stones EPs - pretty much every single I sold now goes for $50 on eBay. Fuck.

in the late 90's i had a small stack of stuff i had gotten at my high school job in a record shop... the s/t suicide lp w/ a flexi inside, some thrill kill cult stuff, a few other records i'm forgetting. anyway, i was 17 or 18 and a complete idiot, so i left the records in my trunk all day in the middle of july. when i got to the store i was going to sell them to, they were all completely trashed... the most warped records i'd ever seen. i left em at the store, i'm sure they flattened them out a bit, but it was the one and only time i ever subjected records to inappropriate heat.

I definitely regret selling my Get Up Kids Loveteller test press w/ with hand-made leaf sleeve. Traded it to someone on this board for a few records, including a copy of The Moon Is Down that ended up having a split seam. Should've just kept it and shelled out the cash for the FSF record.

Thrice - Vhiessu on ebay for $125... I wouldnt have sold it if I knew how valuable it was. Once I learned i tried buying a new one but they were all going for around $150 =/ Now I have to just hope for a repress.

Wow Vheissu is going for that much? I had two copies once upon a time.

yup. i know. i bought my copt for $17 on ebay. there were like 10 on there. If I would have known I would have bought an extra. Oh well, thats life. I also could have had Deftones S/T and Saturday Night Wrist. S/T was only $30 and SNW was $18. I bought SNW but they never sent it.