Third Eye Blind - S/T

No, I was saying that "Vinyl" is not a niche market, not that the band "3EB" is a niche band. I think the fact that we have fairly successful RSD's every year (for 5 years now) shows that vinyl is pretty popular being that it is what is most produced for RSD.

And if anything is a "niche band/release" I would say would be Brand New's "Deja Entendu", personally I think that 3EB's "S/T" appeals to a wider base.

But you're right cfrance5, there should be represses of albums and give fans chances to get their favorite albums.

I dunno, I think Deja would sell better these days. A lot of the kids who are getting into vinyl these days grew up listening to Brand New and whatnot. I see a ton more people looking for Deja than 3EB. It could just be that this board has twisted my views on that, but I dunno. Déjà also usually sells for a considerably larger amounts even though it came out six years later. Nonetheless, both of these could easily move the amounts people are talking about. 3k like the Incubus represses, 5k, maaaaybe 10k, but it'd be a stretch. I don't see any vinyl release selling 30k units. That's quite a lot. Either way, I hope this happens and it's not $50. I still haven't collected all the Incubus reissues because of the price. It wouldn't surprise me if they announced something for next RSD. Or maybe Black Friday RSD, but that's a stretch.

Wow.

Let's all take a step back.

Bringing this topic back into the limelight allows more people to be aware of it and take action, like tweeting the band with demand for it. Also, if anyone close to the band reads these forums Maybe they will bring it to the band's attention. Sure they know people want it but being constantly reminded can only help.

Name calling only serves to make you look dumb.

You're a real fucking hero. 

I dunno, I think Deja would sell better these days. A lot of the kids who are getting into vinyl these days grew up listening to Brand New and whatnot. I see a ton more people looking for Deja than 3EB. It could just be that this board has twisted my views on that, but I dunno. Déjà also usually sells for a considerably larger amounts even though it came out six years later. Nonetheless, both of these could easily move the amounts people are talking about. 3k like the Incubus represses, 5k, maaaaybe 10k, but it'd be a stretch. I don't see any vinyl release selling 30k units. That's quite a lot. Either way, I hope this happens and it's not $50. I still haven't collected all the Incubus reissues because of the price. It wouldn't surprise me if they announced something for next RSD. Or maybe Black Friday RSD, but that's a stretch.

Very well said, I agree with this person 100%

it may be because i'm listening to norma jean's new record right now, but I think it's a solid idea to have a vc convention near a large pressing plant and kill everyone in it and learn how to press records and press this record and take all of them for ourselves and then sell them for monies and kill everyone who doesn't like it. and then start a vc-only metal supergroup with juan as the lead screamer called The World Was A Beautiful Place Until We Made Everyone Die.

this album SHOULD be one that you'll see in used bins regularly in 15 years. and like kevin mentioned, deja too.

but until then, i'll humblebrag all over you bitches with my two copies.

37f879de36d011e2af1622000a1fb845_7.jpg

People that don't think this would sell a lot have to be people that were born in like 95 and don't grasp how big there guys really were

I think people are overstating their hugeness.  A few top 10 hits in 97 and 98 just like Vertical Horizon and then VH1, radio, and mom's everywhere were done with them.  They've crafted out a nice cult followrng career though.  I agree they'd sell 4-6k copies of this but 20 or 30k??  

Third Eye Blind as a band fell off a cliff (along with their fanbase), but that first album really was HUGE. Not Hootie or Alanis huge, but bigger than Vertical Horizon by far. 6 million copies sold... To put that in perspective, same numbers as the debuts from Bush and STP.

As for bargain bins, well... That's the upside-down nature of vinyl these days. CDs that you can pick up used for 2 bucks (the aforementioned 3EB, Bush, and STP, plus Tom Petty's Wildflowers, The Cure's Wish, DMB's Before These Crowded Streets, Springsteen's The Rising, early Mars Volta, and all Pearl Jam after Vitalogy) go for well over $100 or more on vinyl.

Supply, demand.

• 3 weeks later...

Just read a reply from the band on facebook from September 8. They said they're begging Rhino for a production date. So, that atleast confirms who's putting it out. This is a really terrible situation but it's comforting to know Rhino is involved. 

I'm a big fan, but always have to question when the band puts delays on other parties. Seems to be a constant theme with them and is often just a stall tactic to appease fans and cover their own ass while they sort things out.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Rhino would prefer to drop this during the RSD window to try and get a lot of cheap exposure instead of investing a bunch of their own money on promoting the release.

I'm a big fan, but always have to question when the band puts delays on other parties. Seems to be a constant theme with them and is often just a stall tactic to appease fans and cover their own ass while they sort things out.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Rhino would prefer to drop this during the RSD window to try and get a lot of cheap exposure instead of investing a bunch of their own money on promoting the release.

This scenario would not surprise me

• 4 weeks later...

just thought id share with everyone. saw these guys in iowa city and had a chat with the piano player, think his name is Alex Kopp. He said the test presses of everything (They're putting out an 180g box set of all the studio albums as well as having out of the vein available on its own) are done. AKA 180g boxset of all studio albums by 3EB is enroute.

EDIT: just realized how trolly i look with my 36 posts on this old account. this is my old account. im a reputable member of the boards but when i orignally signed up i used twitter, and i changed my twitter so now im back to this shitty thing. dont believe me check out my old one derrickcook19941