Failure - Comfort & Magnified On Vinyl

jesus christ!  yea he saying that Black Friday Record Store Day is not as big as April Record Store Day and that he has never had a problem with scarcity. Got it.  I am saying that is NOT LIKELY to be the case for future Black Friday RSD events, as in the vinyl hype and trend to produce scarce high 'value' and limited products is SURELY on its way to having the same affect on Future Black Friday RSD releases as is with the 'Main' RSD now. 

Hence: FAMOUS LAST WORDS (still don't get it? I was kind of enough define the phrase once already... if that didn't help, try google)

But I'M daft!?   Comprehension, Get Into It!

edit: thanks for the likes.

Edited by souljacker8888

That'd be cool.  Magnified has three variant covers already... US CD: sunset beach , UK CD: Tree, US Cassette: Mountains.  Rather the background of the cover changes.

there's also a promo poster of the frog with the milky way galaxy in the background.

edit: i guess this image also appears on the disc of the 'empty friend' promo single.

jesus christ! yea he saying that Black Friday Record Store Day is not as big as April Record Store Day and that he has never had a problem with scarcity. Got it. I am saying that is NOT LIKELY to be the case for future Black Friday RSD events, as in the vinyl hype and trend to produce scarce high 'value' and limited products is SURELY on its way to having the same affect on Future Black Friday RSD releases as is with the 'Main' RSD now.

Hence: FAMOUS LAST WORDS (still don't get it? I was kind of enough define the phrase once already... if that didn't help, try google)

But I'M daft!? Comprehension, Get Into It!

edit: thanks for the likes.

You don't fully understand the phrase you are using and left out a key part in you definition. The word "last" implies that the person has died, (the "last" thing they said) based on events that person said will not happen.

Example: "I never fall!" And the person falls to their death. Famous last words.

You don't fully understand the phrase you are using and left out a key part in you definition. The word "last" implies that the person has died, (the "last" thing they said) based on events that person said will not happen.

Example: "I never fall!" And the person falls to their death. Famous last words.

oh brother :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some comments have been replied to on Facebook. Looks like Kelli Scott is doing the replies. One said "we are a band again." Perhaps more than a tour is happening. Just a reunion is something I never thought would happen so this is just beyond huge to me. Can't wait to hear what all is happening.  

I had always hoped they'd get back together but I never really thought it would happen.  It seemed like Ken and Greg had moved on with their lives and onto their respective music projects.  After watching the Failure documentary Golden I really got the feeling that maybe the reason they never got back together or even did reunion shows was due to the relationship between Ken and Greg.  Or rather, Greg's relationship with heroin.  If I understand correctly Ken dabbled with it but Greg got hooked really hard and suffered quite a bit as a result.  I can only imagine some of the thoughts/images that playing these songs will drudge up for both of them.  Heck, who knows... maybe it'll actually be cathartic for them instead.

i was also thinking about the same things as booyah. what it all comes down to is that failure is more popular now than they could've ever imagined. a reunion makes financial sense, perhaps enough to quickly get them over any of their past personal/bandmate problems. if they tour, especially with a similar band (like say....hum), and make a new record, they're going to do very well.

I haven't been on here in awhile, but I wanted to give you all an update on our Magnified release for Black Friday, since there have been some changes...

The folks at Record Store Day are now requiring us to keep the release off of our webstore for 60 days after release. Our initial pressing is limited to 1,000 units. If those don't sell through on Black Friday, we will hold some for our store, but you'll have to wait until the end of January. If they do sell through and there is sufficient demand, we'll likely do a small repress. Because we told RSD that we intend to make the LP available in our store after 60 days, it's not being billed as a Black Friday 'exclusive'.

Rhino, who we are licensing from, isn't going to allow the color vinyl pressing this time around. We are bummed, too.