SKELETON KEY - new album announced

We at Arctic Rodeo Recordings would like to welcome a new band to our label - a band we are enthused by for years and that represents what Arctic Rodeo stands for: Anything is possible.

Since we had the chance to see the band opening up for Primus on their 1997 tour in Germany, we are having an eye on the works of the guys. When we had found out that they have been working on a new album recently, we didn’t hesitate a second and got in touch: SKELETON KEY are a band we absolutely wanted to have on board!

One thing is for sure: If you aren’t familiar with the music of the New York based band, you have definitely missed some really great tunes, released on two fantastic albums: "Fantastic Spikes Through Balloon", created in cooperation with Eli Janney (Girls Against Boys) and Dave Sardy (Barkmarket) and Grammy nominated back then, and "Obtainium", released on Mike Patton’s label Ipecac Recordings. They have done a lot of touring, the Melvins und The Jesus Lizard amongst many others.

Once again, this album is going to be a musical fireworks for sure – produced by Bryce Goggin (Swans, Evan Dando, Sean Lennon, Sebadoh, Pavement, Ramones, Spacehog and many others). Noise and pop. Blues and rock. And very exciting. This fall. When SKELETON KEY are going to release their new album on Arctic Rodeo – on LP+CD, CD und as download. We are stoked!

http://www.facebook.com/SkeletonKeytheBand

is anyone doing this in the US or just Arctic Rodeo? can't wait for some new Skeleton Key! they opened here in 1997 for Helmet and the Melvins.

Shipping costs for 1 LP are only 4 Euros worldwide, and the records are well packed. Stickfigure will also offer the record in the US. I will keep you posted!

• 5 months later...

The audio master CDs of the forthoming new album by SKELETON KEY have been delivered to the Arctic Rodeo Headquarters, so things are in progress.

The album will be out early 2012 on CD, as digital download and as limited colored vinyl LP including free CD.

We are stoked to work with this amazing band.

• 2 months later...

We have an update for the new record from SKELTON KEY. The album is going to be entitled "Gravity Is The Enemy" and will be out March 23rd.

The artwork is now ready as well. This is the CD artwork, the LP artwork is going to look a little different. We are actually very impressed by this amazing artwork made by Sagmeister Inc. We are very very proud of being the label to work with these great artists. Holy shit.

We will keep you posted!

http://www.facebook.com/sagmeisterinc

[image]

http://www.arcticrodeorecordings.com

http://www.facebook.com/arcticrodeorecordings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weird...

I bought it but I guess they email you back with a payment request because I was never asked to pay... it said that they'd place my order as soon as possible.

Maybe this is just because I'm in the USA and they have to estimate the shipping cost first?

I hope I get a copy and this isn't some sort of glitch!!

Anybody else getting this?

Is anyone buying it elsewhere able to complete their order?

Weird...

I bought it but I guess they email you back with a payment request because I was never asked to pay... it said that they'd place my order as soon as possible.

Maybe this is just because I'm in the USA and they have to estimate the shipping cost first?

I hope I get a copy and this isn't some sort of glitch!!

Anybody else getting this?

Is anyone buying it elsewhere able to complete their order?

You should have received a e-mail confirming your order and including payment instructions. Correct?

We respond to every order personally and indidually, sometimes we need a few moments for doing so.

Please send me a PM if there are any problems.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...