Fairweather Reunion Show

They played this past Saturday night (the 14th) at Black Cat in DC w/ The Riot Before & Beasts of No Nation.

Here is the setlist:

If They Move... Kill Them

Soundtrack To The Ride

Lusitania

Letter of Intent

Blood On The Pages

Young Brash Hopeful

The Treachery of Images

I Dread the Time When Your Mouth Begins To Call Me Hunter

Concrete Atlas

Still Paradise

Burning Bridges Keep Warm

Casting Curses

Whatever It Takes

Mercer Island (encore)

Let's Hear It For Dartanian (encore)

They played incredibly well for having been broken up for 8 years

I would have loved to see this show but it was too far of a drive for me. I was hoping that they'd try and get them to also play Krazy Fest since the dates are so close but no dice... any pics or videos up anywhere yet?

It's too bad they didn't perform with their original line up (circa 2001). From the posters I've seen I'm assuming that they only had 2 out of 5 originals members which makes me a little weary of them calling this a reunion show. If they move... kill them is probably one of my favorite pop punk albums of all times. I think it definitely helped that they had Pat Broderick (of Majority Rule) playing drums for them at the time. He helped bring out the heavier side of their music. Once he left though... they definitely went way more indie. Lusitania was good but I had to listen to it repeatedly just to get a feel for it. It wasn't immediate like their debut.

Anyways... wish I could have been there to see it.

They played this past Saturday night (the 14th) at Black Cat in DC w/ The Riot Before & Beasts of No Nation.

Here is the setlist:

If They Move... Kill Them

Soundtrack To The Ride

Lusitania

Letter of Intent

Blood On The Pages

Young Brash Hopeful

The Treachery of Images

I Dread the Time When Your Mouth Begins To Call Me Hunter

Concrete Atlas

Still Paradise

Burning Bridges Keep Warm

Casting Curses

Whatever It Takes

Mercer Island (encore)

Let's Hear It For Dartanian (encore)

They played incredibly well for having been broken up for 8 years

10 years later and they STILL don't play "Next Day Flight". I'm fairly certain I harassed them about playing this song multiple times and still... they would never play it. Once saw them play a basement show in Cincinnatti and after the show I asked their drummer why they don't play that song. I had to laugh because he didn't know the names of the songs he only knew them by what track # they were on the cd. So I was like... "Oh so I should have been yelling PLAY TRACK 8 instead of yelling play Next Day Flight?"

And while I'm on the topic of stories related to this band. I also once got my band on the same bill when they played Kenyon College in Gambier Ohio. Before the show their drummer comes up to me and asks if he could borrow my drum kit for their set because he "forgot his". I'm pretty sure I laughed for a good while and then said yes because A) how else would they play the show with a drum kit and B) they were one of my favorite bands at the time so how could I saw no? He ended up destroying the heads on my snare and their lead guitar player, Ben, actually broke his teeth on my Zildjian Mega Bell ride cymbal.

Good times... good times...

I would have loved to see this show but it was too far of a drive for me. I was hoping that they'd try and get them to also play Krazy Fest since the dates are so close but no dice... any pics or videos up anywhere yet?

It's too bad they didn't perform with their original line up (circa 2001). From the posters I've seen I'm assuming that they only had 2 out of 5 originals members which makes me a little weary of them calling this a reunion show. If they move... kill them is probably one of my favorite pop punk albums of all times. I think it definitely helped that they had Pat Broderick (of Majority Rule) playing drums for them at the time. He helped bring out the heavier side of their music. Once he left though... they definitely went way more indie. Lusitania was good but I had to listen to it repeatedly just to get a feel for it. It wasn't immediate like their debut.

Here are two videos I uploaded from my iPhone:

+1 Karma for you, good sir!

man...they used to be so intense live. it's a reunion show, so i won't dog em, but i remember being blown away at how energetic they were when i saw them open for further seems forever and dashboard confessional in like...01' or 02'.

You know when you picture in your what someone will look like? Well I saw them once, and I thought the singer would have been a really skinny emo kid. I was wrong.

Same thing happened to my friends and I when we went to see Fairweather for the first time. They were playing with Skycamefalling and Thursday at some bar in Cleveland that's no longer in business. We spent the first half of their set simply bewildered by this man's insanely awesome performance.

There are two rules that I try to live by:

1) Always leave a note

2) Don't judge a book by its cover

You know when you picture in your what someone will look like? Well I saw them once, and I thought the singer would have been a really skinny emo kid. I was wrong.

Same thing happened to my friends and I when we went to see Fairweather for the first time. They were playing with Skycamefalling and Thursday at some bar in Cleveland that's no longer in business. We spent the first half of their set simply bewildered by this man's insanely awesome performance.

There are two rules that I try to live by:

1) Always leave a note

2) Don't judge a book by its cover

Wasn't that the Blind Lemon? If so I was at that show! It was great.

Wasn't that the Blind Lemon? If so I was at that show! It was great.

That's the one! I always loved that venue. It wasn't too crowded and the sound engineers always knew what they were doing. Plus they had a live tv feed of whatever was happening on stage playing in the front of the bar.

I always wondered what happened to this place. I vaguely remember it getting a new name and then it just stopped having shows. Anyone from Cleveland got the scoop?