Ramones remasters on vinyl

As seen on : http://collectingvinylrecords.blogspot.com/

Rhino Remasters Ramones Vinyl at Bernie Grundman's

Analog Master Tapes Used for Albums from the Seventies & Eighties

Rhino Records has booked the cutting room at Bernie Grundman Mastering for the vinyl reissue of classic Ramones albums from the late 70s and early 80s. Included in the first series are "Ramones" (1976), "Leave Home" (1977), "Rocket to Russia" (1977), and "Road to Ruin" (1978). Release date is July 19, 2011.

Rhino Records' Asset/Media Supervisor Charles Benson joined mastering engineer Chris Bellman in the disc cutting studio to cut lacquers from the original 1/4" analog Dolby stereo masters. Songs to be reissued include "Blitzkrieg Bop," "Beat on the Brat," "Pinhead," "I Wanna Sniff Glue," and "Teenage Lobotomy."

"There has definitely been a renewed interest and resurgence in vinyl releases," remarked Benson. "The young audience is happy to have something they can hold onto in this analog format with large graphic album covers, and something that gives you more of an experience than an mp3 file."

• 1 month later...

The standard editions will be sold at retail with a suggested list price of $17.98. But Rhino.com will sell limited-edition versions of the albums, each packaged with a bonus reproduction 7-inch featuring a single and B-side from each album, pressed on blue vinyl. Those sets, priced at $24.98 each, are limited to 500 copies per album.

^Awesome! Now I have $100 hole burning in my pocket!

EDIT: Wait, I was confused. You meant the 7" was blue out of 500, not the albums right. That wasn't clear so I thought I was picking up the first 4 albums on Blue/500. That would have been rad. Oh well :/

The press release says the "sets" are limited to 500. I read that as both the LP and 7" are limited to 500 and only the 7" is blue vinyl. But I've been wrong before so you should check with Rhino.

^Awesome! Now I have $100 hole burning in my pocket!

EDIT: Wait, I was confused. You meant the 7" was blue out of 500, not the albums right. That wasn't clear so I thought I was picking up the first 4 albums on Blue/500. That would have been rad. Oh well :/

The press release says the "sets" are limited to 500. I read that as both the LP and 7" are limited to 500 and only the 7" is blue vinyl. But I've been wrong before so you should check with Rhino.

Yeah that release is confusing but the picture on the Rhino pre-order indicates only the 7"s are going to be Blue/500. The albums themselves are 180g black. To me, classic albums like this look better on 180g black anyway. I was worried that going to have to drop $100 right away but it looks like it could wait.

• 1 month later...
Got my order of all the ramones LPs from rhino. Listened to the first record and there is quite noticeable popping static throughout the record. Anyone else having this issue??

Did you clean it first? Is your stylus clean? Also did the record pick up a static charge from the inner sleeve?

And is the turntable it's being played ona piece of crap?