saddle creek runs shit right.

i was totally in the dark about this re-issue!

the bonus 7" makes it even sexier.

i will be ordering this tomorrow.

thank you sir.

shit! finally back in stock! i need to order this too. i was wondering if it was going to get re-repressed.

now if only we could get a The Good Life "Black Out" repress....

here is some history on them:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Smashmouth_%28indie_rock_band%29

It was Steve Pedersen and Clint Schnase, both of whom helped start Cursive but haven't been in it for a long time I don't think. You should check out Steve Pedersen's bands after this too, The White Octave and Criteria if you haven't, they're good. The tape was called "Some of You Will be Hermits", and I do have a tape rip to mp3 that I can send you, I don't think Saddle Creek would mind (I got it from them directly when Direct Connect, a p2p platform, was popular). I was told they recorded a second tape as well, and that it never came out. I would love to check that out if anyone out there has some connections. Saddle Creek (Lumberjack) should really archive some of their old releases for people to grab online since they're out of print, and many are very good, and of historical significance to some I would say.

nice, i don't even remember Criteria. i think i've seen them once too. i'll have to make a Saddle Creek order and grab their LP.

i would be very interested in hearing that tape rip if you wouldn't mind sending it. thanks :D

Don't expect a Black Out repress anytime soon. I emailed Saddle Creek in the fall and ask them about a repress. They told me have no plans to repress this. It sucks because it is a great album. Then again isn't any Tim Kasher related album. Now if they would press Novena on a Nocturne then we would be talking. I love that album just as much as Black Out.

I wish I had lots of money so I could repress or press albums that deserved to be pressed. I also don't understand it either because the money is there to be made by someone. Better Looking Records let VC press The Jealous Sound's Kill Them with Kindness. Maybe it is just me but I feel Novena on A Nocturne would sell way better than Kill Them with Kindness.

VC went after a tough album too, due to the length of the album forcing a 2xLP so they at least included their first EP on the D-side. people aren't hardcore about The Jealous Sound at all it seems either, especially with their complete drop-off since Kill Them With Kindness. i love TJS but man, i want a new album really bad and they post every few years saying they're working on it and NOTHING happens except a half ass digital EP. i bet TJS's 2xLP would have sold really well on their tour with Sunny Day Real Estate too, but they had no copies of it with them. i'm sure they're rotting away in the Vinyl Collective "warehouse" getting sold off for wholesale price or less on Limited Pressing. such a waste!

The Good Life are slightly more active, although not really lately since Kasher has gone solo. i wish old labels would realize how much of a goldmine their releases are right now. they can make a quick buck capitalizing on all of us by putting some of their releases to vinyl.

i think anything Cursive, The Good Life or Tim Kasher should be in print at all times. ;D

I agree with this 100 times over.

agreed.

I wish I had lots of money so I could repress or press albums that deserved to be pressed. I also don't understand it either because the money is there to be made by someone. Better Looking Records let VC press The Jealous Sound's Kill Them with Kindness. Maybe it is just me but I feel Novena on A Nocturne would sell way better than Kill Them with Kindness.

blair > tim, tho.

got my desaparecidos reissue today.

i don't know if the original had the lyrics stored in a sexy manilla envelope (from saddle creeks history of re-issues, they are usually exact dupes on heavier vinyl) but this is just nice.

also, i ordered it on monday and found it on my door today.

and i guess this happens when you order twice in the same week:

[image]

it made me smile.

blair > tim, tho.

Have to disagree here. Tim made one of my three favorite records of all time and another on my top 20 or so. Blair made a couple pretty good records and a couple less good records. No Blair cracks my top 50 I don't think.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to revive this thread to say that they blow me away every time. I put in an order yesterday and emailed them today to ask if I could add something to it. Nate responded within 2 effing minutes of me sending the email and mentioned that he shipped it out the same day. I cannot express enough love for this label.