Records You Are Lucky To Own

I like that I have test presses of:

O Pioneers!/Andrew Jackson Jihad 9" (Test is a 10"!)

The Blacktop Cadence - La Reine d'alcool 12"

and as yet there's no regular presses of them!

Sweet! I had the Starvation test press probably 3-4 months before the actual pressing. Ha. And the Black God 7" test about a month before...

I used to be in a band that is now recording with Mark Townsend (Grammy-nominated Relient K producer). The band also works tightly with Davy Basinger (Vox, Bleach). Since Davy is good friends with Mark and the rest of Relient K, he was able to get his hands on two test pressings of their new album, Forget and Not Slow Down. I got one of them! Definitely my rarest item considering I've only been collecting for about 6 months.

So yeah, I've got...

**Test Pressing** Relient K - Forget and Not Slow Down (Clear Gold)

Cramps - De Lux Box Set #0001

[image]

I didn't want to get everything out of it, but here's a pic off popsike of the contents.

[image]

I always thought they were probably all numbered 0001, that I couldn't be that lucky. But every box I've researched online has a different number so I guess I did luck out!

Also,

Melvins - Houdini - Am Rep

Melvins - Stoner Witch(pink) - Atlantic

Melvins -Lysol - Boner

The Ladies - Six More Reasons - TEST PRESS/14 w/screened cover

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American - Grand Royal

oh, and one of these

[image]

I got this from a store on Long Island because Rich Egan said it was one of his favorites of the year. I didn't like it, but still have it.

[image]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=180668159501&si=TFK65Gzl9bT2Qq8bsYVCwNtOXk8%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Also this, which I won from VC:

[image]

get up kids, the - loveteller [6th press orange/black swirl transition variant #3 of 10]

get up kids, the - loveteller [test press blue/black #12 of 12]

get up kids, the - sub pop singles club [test press black of 8]

get up kids, the / coalesce - split [test press black with erika labels #4 of 8]

get up kids, the / coalesce - split [test press black with white labels]

get up kids, the - red letter day [test press black]

get up kids, the - four minute mile (2008 repress) [test press black]

get up kids, the - four minute mile [test press black of 6]

get up kids, the - on a wire [test press black]

get up kids, the - something to write home about (2008 repress) [test press black]

new amsterdams, the - at the foot of my rival [test press black]

new amsterdams, the - worse for the wear [test press black]

reggie and the full effect - promotional copy [test press black]

saves the day - i'm sorry i'm leaving [pink with dark blue butterfly of 88]

saves the day - under the boards [opaque turquoise/opaque blue of #11 of 25]

fall of troy, the - doppelganger [test press black #1 of 15]

Attention posters to this thread: Pictures or you didn't have them!

Septic Death - Nightmare Takes a Nap box set of test pressings. This was an edition of 30, however mine is a one of a kind custom made one just for me by Pushead himself with extra contents, and numbered with my initials on the back! I damn near shit in my pants from the excitement when I got this from him many years ago.

[image]

[image]

DUDE! How the fuck did you get that????

I used to trade records with Pushead years ago, around the time he was doing the fan club and bacteria sour. I also used to buy records from him in the later half of the 1980s. This was one of the things he traded to me which actually was a total surprise. I also have a pair of Butcher Boxes too with matching numbers (both editions of 5) and he once gave me a completely mint, unplayed copy of Cleanse the Bacteria mailorder edition on orange vinyl w/bonus 12" and inserts which was the only extra he had left in his personal stash. I have a lot of other rare stuff he made that he gave me but the one thing I still don't have is a RFTC - Rocket Pak 7"!