Records You Are Lucky To Own

• 2 weeks later...

I consider myself very lucky to own these 3 records.

One of my best friends is working on Childish Gambino's Deep Web Tour, he got me into the show and was able to get this (already rare) record signed for me:

20140402_000119_zps85a665b1.jpg

My sister went to a Schematic in-store show at Grimey's in Nashville and grabbed this record for me and got it signed by Dave Elkins. I love Mae, so this was pretty awesome:

20140426_210537_zpsgrbdvxkq.jpg

And lastly, I had been looking for Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now forever, and it was the only TBS record I didn't own. So my lovely wife surprised me and grabbed it for me from ebay (for probably twice as much as I wanted to pay for it) for my birthday, I was literally speechless haha:

478c2c4e-92fa-4a45-8ac5-b7d49b17428c_zps

I'm always very stoked when I think about the following items in my collection:

Beck - Odelay (first press on Bong Load)

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi (first press)

Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand (director's cut)

ISIS - The Red Sea (white/gold limited anniversary press)

Fear Before the March of Flames - The Always Open Mouth

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool

And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - Source Tags and Codes & World's Apart

And lastly, I had been looking for Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now forever, and it was the only TBS record I didn't own. So my lovely wife surprised me and grabbed it for me from ebay (for probably twice as much as I wanted to pay for it) for my birthday, I was literally speechless haha

This is rad. Same thing kinda happened to me but with The Menzingers 'Chamberlain Waits'. This was before the recent repress of this that hasn't gone OOP. Really love the album and wanted it so bad but couldn't fork over the cash because I knew it was gonna get a repress soon. She bought it for me on ebay and paid $70 for a sealed black copy. A few months later they got repressed and someone was selling em for like $3 on ebay but I never showed her that. I was super happy to finally own it but knowing what she paid kinda hurt.

This is rad. Same thing kinda happened to me but with The Menzingers 'Chamberlain Waits'. This was before the recent repress of this that hasn't gone OOP. Really love the album and wanted it so bad but couldn't fork over the cash because I knew it was gonna get a repress soon. She bought it for me on ebay and paid $70 for a sealed black copy. A few months later they got repressed and someone was selling em for like $3 on ebay but I never showed her that. I was super happy to finally own it but knowing what she paid kinda hurt.

haha nice! and very smart not to show her how significant of a price drop there was after the fact...

• 2 weeks later...

Relient k - mmhmm

Tycho - Dive deluxe version

Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound

" " - Meant To Live 7"

House of Heroes - Suburba

Mae - The Everglow

My entire Anberlin collection

Anchor & Braille - Felt got it for less than $10

Gerry Mulligan Quartet came out in '55 and only pressed once. Found in an antique store for less than $15

All my Dave Brubeck fantasy collection

Com Truise - Galactic Melt on orange thanks to a VC'er

Whoever it was that posted the heads-up about the Kozelek and Lavalle 2LP pre-order -- that's what I'm lucky to (soon) own. There are so many people pissing their pants and offering their first-born over missing this and I would never have heard about it otherwise. Kinda new here but love this site already.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finalized a deal to pick up Modest Mouse's This Is A Long Drive... 2xLP for well under what it usually sells for. Apparently still has the shrink wrap on it too... hopefully that doesn't mean corner damage but whatever. With this one I'm gonna be so stoked I wouldn't give a shit anyway. I cannot wait to hear the needle drop on this one!

Just finalized a deal to pick up Modest Mouse's This Is A Long Drive... 2xLP for well under what it usually sells for. Apparently still has the shrink wrap on it too... hopefully that doesn't mean corner damage but whatever. With this one I'm gonna be so stoked I wouldn't give a shit anyway. I cannot wait to hear the needle drop on this one!

Neat. How much did you get it for?

• 10 months later...

I know quite a few people here owns it, but anyways.

Thrice - The Alchemy Index vol I-IV

It took me a while to track it that, but I got a copy with an extra earth disc :) Also I feel really lucky about having Periphery - Periphery in my collection since it seems to be hard to come by nowadays, so lucky thing I got interested in the band right from get-go