Records You Are Lucky To Own

On 7/22/2015 at 8:53 PM, throughbeingcruel said:
On 3/31/2015 at 11:29 AM, MXV said:

I'm not sure how many on this board will even know this stuff but I know a few of you will. I used to trade records with Pushead a long time ago and he was extremely generous in our various trades. He also was quick to part with certain rarities to me because he knew I was going to keep them and not just throw them up on eBay. Here's a couple gems:

16802500288_e07aa292d4_b.jpg

16802500318_2cf319012e_b.jpg

Septic Death - Nightmare Takes a Nap box set of test pressings. This alone is super rare as only 30 were made but this one isn't like the others, note the number - number 00/30MV. This set was custom made for me and even has my initials as part of the number. It also has extras that the other versions don't have. It is a true one of a kind. I damn near shit myself when he sent me this in the mail as I had no idea it was coming.

And related to the above is this pair:

16802770140_68efd68b53_b.jpg

16802770130_26a9521d41_b.jpg

These are called Butcher Boxes. There was 5 made of each box. One contains various test pressings for Bacteria Sour singles (I forget which ones off the top of my head) and the other one has test pressings for all the Bacteria Sour compilations (including a rejected version of #3). I have matching boxes, both #3/5. He intentionally sent me matching ones.

These are some of my most prized items in my collection.

No clue who that band is, but I'm a skateboarder so I'm very familiar with Pushead. His Zorlac art was fucking awesome. My tattooist and I have discussed doing some of his stuff. Anywho, that's rad as hell.

Septic Death is Pushead's band...

On 3/31/2015 at 10:29 AM, mxv said:

I'm not sure how many on this board will even know this stuff but I know a few of you will. I used to trade records with Pushead a long time ago and he was extremely generous in our various trades. He also was quick to part with certain rarities to me because he knew I was going to keep them and not just throw them up on eBay. Here's a couple gems:

16802500288_e07aa292d4_b.jpg

16802500318_2cf319012e_b.jpg

Septic Death - Nightmare Takes a Nap box set of test pressings. This alone is super rare as only 30 were made but this one isn't like the others, note the number - number 00/30MV. This set was custom made for me and even has my initials as part of the number. It also has extras that the other versions don't have. It is a true one of a kind. I damn near shit myself when he sent me this in the mail as I had no idea it was coming.

And related to the above is this pair:

16802770140_68efd68b53_b.jpg

16802770130_26a9521d41_b.jpg

These are called Butcher Boxes. There was 5 made of each box. One contains various test pressings for Bacteria Sour singles (I forget which ones off the top of my head) and the other one has test pressings for all the Bacteria Sour compilations (including a rejected version of #3). I have matching boxes, both #3/5. He intentionally sent me matching ones. 

These are some of my most prized items in my collection. 

Wow! So rad...

• 2 weeks later...

Redoing my collection pictures... but I do have this, and got it in an awesome deal:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Iris-Welcome-To-Bright-Falls/release/7151118

Promotional soundtrack, for a video series, for a promotion for the "Alan Wake" video game back in 2010. Awesome "film", fantastic game. One of my all time favorite games, so I'm glad to own this piece of "merch". (Only found info on 6?! copies, so who knows how limited this is.)

On 3/29/2015 at 9:41 PM, DGDTheAwfulWaffle said:

I've only been collecting for about 3 years now but I was lucky enough to stumble on to a If These Tress Could Talk - Above The Earth, Below the Sky test press. Number 5/5. I know if ever see a rough patch in my life that see's me dumping it for cash i'll probably never see it again and that's why I feel lucky to own it. Bottom line: it's the most precious piece in my collection.

SELL THIS TO ME PLEASE GOD.  I know this is an almost 3 yr old post, but if you’re around, how did you “stumble” across this?  I have a complete ITTCT collection (sans non-deluxe tests) & have been dying to find just one test to add.

Edited by mrewest

Records I’ll probably never part with...

Dredg - Leitmotif 

Unconditional Arms - Kinship (/6 copy with Jeffrey Wright’s son’s handprint on it...album was written for his at-the-time unborn son)

My Cloudkicker tests I got directly from Ben Sharp (Fade, Let Yourself Be Huge, Subsume)

Murder By Death - Bitter Drink... test

Edited by mrewest

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 8:32 PM, mrewest said:

SELL THIS TO ME PLEASE GOD.  I know this is an almost 3 yr old post, but if you’re around, how did you “stumble” across this?  I have a complete ITTCT collection (sans non-deluxe tests) & have been dying to find just one test to add.

Aww man, I sold it about 1 year ago to a guy who has the same goal, I think it may have been adamha21 on these forums but I doubt he's willing to sell . Some guy on ebay was selling it almost 4 years ago, I couldn't help but snag it super quick. If These Trees Could Talk Test Press collecting is a long and arduous road my friend, good luck!

Edited by DGDTheAwfulWaffle

7 minutes ago, DGDTheAwfulWaffle said:

Aww man, I sold it about 1 year ago to a guy who has the same goal, I think it may have been adamha21 on these forums but I doubt he's willing to sell . Some guy on ebay was selling it almost 4 years ago, I couldn't help but snag it super quick. If These Trees Could Talk Test Press collecting is a long and arduous road my friend, good luck!

Haha yep I am well aware of who Adam is.  I chat with him frequently.  So I know what he paid for that!  And I will NEVER get it from him.  He also scored a self-titled test via the Sheath directly.  So unless by a miracle I find one in the wild, it’s safe to assume I’ll never be that lucky haha.

Alexisonfire 1st Box

2 Unreleased Alexisonfire variants

Amity Affliction - Chasing Ghosts Green/White /50

Amity Affliction - Youngbloods - Red /100

Promo Unnumbered Metallica Rhino Box Set

Metallica - Creeping Death signed by correct line up inc Cliff

Metallica - AJFA Blackened TP Disc 1

Northlane Discoveries Nebula /150

1 minute ago, ThunderPantz said:

Nice. I grabbed this off ebay for 40 bucks a few months ago. Sad it will probably never see a proper press. Definitely the crown jewel of my collection.

Yep. I'd love to hear this. Maybe someday someone will give it a proper press but its probably too niche at this point to ever sell.

Friday the 13th blood filled

Tool - Aenima (test press) got it for $20 along with some other test pressing from the guy who used to do the mastering at classic records. He was at a flea market in Florida.

Santana - abraxas (MFSL Ultradisc)

The World Is A Beautiful Place (waxmage variant of only 2 copies given to the band) 

Edited by Saxonjulin

2 hours ago, piky0032 said:

Alexisonfire 1st Box

2 Unreleased Alexisonfire variants

Amity Affliction - Chasing Ghosts Green/White /50

Amity Affliction - Youngbloods - Red /100

Promo Unnumbered Metallica Rhino Box Set

Metallica - Creeping Death signed by correct line up inc Cliff

Metallica - AJFA Blackened TP Disc 1

Northlane Discoveries Nebula /150

Wanna sell that Creeping Death?