Blindside - A Thought Crushed My Mind

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a point where you say thats enough people?

I guess that would mostly be up to Brent, the more people involved the cheaper it is, but the more of a headache it will be for him on the repayment side.

I might suggest a max of 32 people (an even $100 each) if you don't object Brent?

Yeah, we're going to go with no more than 32.

Or maybe 24?

Would we have any input on wheter to put [phatbat 1303] on there or not? I'd vote no, to make space for the other songs... A 50 minute hardcore record is long as it is.

How involved in the decisions around vinyl colors would we be? Does anyone care at all?

Wouldn't it be cool to have new artwork, made by the band or something?

Would this be a Broken Circle release? Or just a release managed by the BC crew? I'm thinking since there are 16+ different investors?

I'm out of questions... haha. Sorry for being so curious.

i think "color" should be 2 ways; color and black. no need for tons of variants at all. maybe even all back or all 1 color?

new artwork would be kinda cool, who knows if they still have the rights or original files to reproduce a LP resolution after all these years.

i was wondering that too. will this be on Broken Circles with the BC logo on the back or some other way?

i think "color" should be 2 ways; color and black. no need for tons of variants at all. maybe even all back or all 1 color?

new artwork would be kinda cool, who knows if they still have the rights or original files to reproduce a LP resolution after all these years.

i was wondering that too. will this be on Broken Circles with the BC logo on the back or some other way?

I'm all for all black, but if if there'll be colors it'd be cool if we would have a vote or something.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking... But if there'll be new artwork it should be made by the band or atleast approved by the band.

Someone should make onetime logo for this CO-OP to put on the back :P

32 is just the max, not the exact amount of people that we need to do this. There might be much less than that, and it'll still happen. If that number happens to be 24, then cool.

I, for one, think Phatbat (is it Phatbat? Or Phatbeat? It seems to be different everywhere I see it) should be included. There's enough space to spread the album + Phatbat across the first three sides, and then we can see if Blindside has any old demos from that era that could go into the D side. There's already the 4 from the ATCMM re-release, plus another one that was on the 7" that didn't get on the re-release. If they had even more than that that they'd let us use, people would have even more incentive to buy a copy of this. Worst case scenario, we can't get any demos, but we could still get the 4th side etched to something really cool.

From what I gather, everyone will have a say about what the colors will be, but I think what we're doing is 2 different variants. I think any more than that would just make it silly, since there will only be a few hundred total.

Honestly I would be surprised if there were LP res files of the original artwork still around. It couldn't hurt to ask around, but I don't think we'll find it. There's always the re-release cover, as well, that we can consider. We haven't quite gotten to this point yet.

Technically this will be a Broken Circles release. Brent has a huuuuuuge hand in this even happening. I will assume that the BC logo is going on the back, but this is sort of trivial, isn't it? Still, I'm sure there'd be no problem sticking a co-op logo on back along with it. There also aren't for sure 16 yet, a handful of those haven't committed.

32 is just the max, not the exact amount of people that we need to do this. There might be much less than that, and it'll still happen. If that number happens to be 24, then cool.

I, for one, think Phatbat (is it Phatbat? Or Phatbeat? It seems to be different everywhere I see it) should be included. There's enough space to spread the album + Phatbat across the first three sides, and then we can see if Blindside has any old demos from that era that could go into the D side. There's already the 4 from the ATCMM re-release, plus another one that was on the 7" that didn't get on the re-release. If they had even more than that that they'd let us use, people would have even more incentive to buy a copy of this. Worst case scenario, we can't get any demos, but we could still get the 4th side etched to something really cool.

From what I gather, everyone will have a say about what the colors will be, but I think what we're doing is 2 different variants. I think any more than that would just make it silly, since there will only be a few hundred total.

Honestly I would be surprised if there were LP res files of the original artwork still around. It couldn't hurt to ask around, but I don't think we'll find it. There's always the re-release cover, as well, that we can consider. We haven't quite gotten to this point yet.

Technically this will be a Broken Circles release. Brent has a huuuuuuge hand in this even happening. I will assume that the BC logo is going on the back, but this is sort of trivial, isn't it? Still, I'm sure there'd be no problem sticking a co-op logo on back along with it. There also aren't for sure 16 yet, a handful of those haven't committed.

Yeah, ok :)

That's cool. I'd be fine with one color, but would probably sell a bit faster 2. 200/100 or sumthang. A third "investor-exclusive" would be the coolest. so that it'll convince some more guys... and a great memory from this, a cool item to own.

someones should check with the band, how they would like the artwork. maybe they want to mix it up? the re-release art looks pretty cool though, I only have the swedish version without the bonus tracks.

what's the recommended length for a side?

it would be cool if it had some sort of logo or something to show we co-opped this.

glad to see all the enthusiasm, but don't get too ahead of yourselves ;)

at this point, we're waiting to hear back from the band, without their go-ahead we won't get far.

As far as all the details (variants, logos, tracklistings, cover art, etc) that will all come in due time. At this stage we need to focus on participants and permissions.

Rest assured that assuming we go ahead, this will be a pretty kick ass release.