the Whisky thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This:

it is. just depends on which country you're talking about. Whisky is actually closer to the original spelling, stemming from Scottish Gaelic meaning "water of life." Whisky = scottish/canadian/japanese , whereas Whiskey = US/Ireland (generally).

I just tried the 10 year Macallan the other day and I think it's brilliant. I need to give these older ones a try soon:

[image]

This, and when I'm not broke.

[image]

This.

Was it the 10 yr fine oak? I picked up that on my last restock and wasn't really feelin it. The 12 which is sherry cast has a little more spice which I like.

It was, I guess it's their "budget" whisky. I really liked it, but I'll give that 12 year a try as soon as I get a chance.

best i've had was macallan 22

my brother bought it for himself as a wedding gift last year

i like to keep a handle of johnny walker red label in my trunk to drink before shows or any other reason

i went to free whiskey tastings for johnny walker, macallan and dewar's and macallan was by far the best

Macallan is real good. They had a free tasting up in boston a couple of weeks ago which was a nice time.

I live in an area where the bars don't have much of a selection. I really like Maker's Mark. If I feel like reliving my old days I'll get Old Crow. The standard is Jack. I've don't real fucked up shit to real good friends after drinking Wild Turkey. I tried that Jack Honey stuff a few nights ago, shit's terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i refused to ever touch whiskey.

then i had it.

for nearly 5 months its been my go-to now, and im probably gonna finish off my honey jack tonight.

i havent experimented too much. JD is simply fantastic, and the one time i had jim beam i wanted to boke.

the other couple i tried were higher end, and delicious, but i have zero recollection of what they were.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a couple glasses of Bulliet Bourbon at the Country Club a couple weeks back and I saw this today at the "Medicine Store" aka the Liquor Store down the street.

[image]

+1 for naming the album I'm listening to behind the bottle, give you a hint.... It's related to this thread.

PS just opened this up and all I have to say is WOW! It starts with a kick of those red hot candies that are awesome on Ice Cream and has a nice smooth medium dry finish!

For being $23 this is pretty darn good!

Here is an older pic of Blanton's Bourbon!

[image]

About a $45-50 bottle

From what I remember it starts off as a light vanilla, caramel, with a dab of honey start to it, from there it gives your taste buds a spicey kick with a mild dry finish to it.

[image]

This is the Jack Daniels Holiday Select

$50 a bottle (Comes w/ cool black bow w/ pre tied red bow!)

This is the definition of a winter warmer with its oak and vanilla aroma and so smooth going down I drank this whole bottle in a day :/ Thanks Santa for buying me a kewl flask!

Been on a huge Bourbon kick since I drank a bottle of JW - Black at the Christmas party and this is the end result of it....

[image]

I couldn't even light my cigar correctly! >:(

• 3 months later...