Jesu-Ascension Pre-Order+Test Press Contest

Guest deathbydrums

Guest deathbydrums

Jesu "Ascension" Limited Edition Deluxe Version 2xLP up for preorder at Aural Exploits.

https://www.auralexploits.com/product09_9112.htm

Please Note: We will be doing a drawing every week up until the release date for a test pressing of the album.

Each winner will be notified via email and the test pressings (one set of the double album) will be shipped to them with the album on release.

You will only be removed from the drawing if you have already won a copy of the test pressings.

A deluxe vinyl edition of Jesu's "Ascension" will be released on July 5th 2011 available exclusively through Aural Exploits, Caldo Verde and Jesu.

Pressed on colored vinyl and housed in a stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket, each copy will be hand numbered in an edition of 1000 copies.

Each copy will include 3 10" x 10" pictures (exclusive to this release) on heavy cardstock suitable for framing.

Mastered by John Golden and released as a double vinyl set.

• 3 weeks later...

i seriously wish i never had to deal with aural exploits. i purchased this back when it first went up because i seriously love this album. my favorite jesu stuff since silver. anyway, it says on the AE site that you will not be charged until the order ships, and being as this is a preorder, i was fine with making an order and not being charged for close to a month. fast forward to last week and i notice i have now been charged. "cool" i think, the record is gonna get here a bit earlier than the proposed july 5 release date. i sit back and wait, knowing that if it has just shipped from AE, it should be here very soon, as i live very close to where the store is based. so today i realize i still havent gotten it, and go to the AE website to check my order status and see if there is a delivery confirmation or something. when i do so i see that my order is still pending. why say on your site you wont be charging until an order ships if you are gonna just randomly charge it prior to that? had they not said that it would only be charged when the order shipped i would not care. anyways, just wanted to vent and see if anyone else had been charged already.

tl;dr

AE charge you after 30 days of the order being placed (or something like that) because otherwise the PayPal transaction will expire. You'd think they'd just not put up the pre-order so early...

after further research, i purchased the record on june 8th. i was charged last week. that was nowhere near 30 days. in fact, it still hasnt been 30 days since the preorder went up. shit is so dumb.

• 1 month later...
I just re-read the page and they aren't making any mention of a test press giveaway. This is starting to look like a bait-and-switch. I wouldn't have pre-ordered if is wasn't for the test press giveaway.

I agree, this thing is starting to get ridiculous.

Initially they delayed it to August 3rd, then as soon as August 3rd rolls around, they delay it again.

• 1 month later...

i have emailed back and forth with this dude, and here is what he has said.

On Aug 24, 2011, at 02:46 PM

So with all these delays, how does this effect the test press contest? It was said there would be a drawing for a test press each week until the release but obviously with the release being delayed so much I doubt you have enough test presses to facilitate that. I haven't however heard of any test presses being won by anyone. Seems to me this is a bait and switch since a lot of us preordered purely for a chance to win a test press. I know I personally would not have paid for this record months ago if it was going to be delayed all this time and then not even have a chance to win a test press. Please let me know how you plan to remedy this situation.

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Hi,

We do have sufficient copies of the test pressing to award winners of the contest (which have not yet been drawn).

The information regarding the drawing for the test pressing was removed from the item information after the initial delay. Orders that were placed prior to the removal of the test pressing drawing will all be eligible to win a set of test pressing which will be shipped with the release.

Thanks

Steve

On Sep 19, 2011, at 12:59

any update on these things?

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011

Hi

They should be shipping in the next few days

Thanks

Steve

no problem guys, but im gonna be honest, im not getting my hopes up. he has been saying its almost out for months. his lack of detail does not instill hope in me that i will be seeing it anytime soon. sucks, cuz i paid a lot for this a long time ago and i much rather would have bought it at the local record store.

• 5 weeks later...