I Would Like Finch: Say Hello To Sunshine On Vinyl

There is no way it would be worth it to press this album. Im guessing there would need to be at least 1000 copy minumum. You'd sell a couple hundred and then be left with like 600-700 copies of an LP that will never sell.

100% agree, let one of these kids try and see what happens. No offense to everyone but this is a pointless thread, what it is to burn was one of my favorite albums at the time and still is a nice treat but realistically without the band heavily behind it, theres no way say hello to sunshine woud sell more than a few hundred copies

There is no way it would be worth it to press this album. Im guessing there would need to be at least 1000 copy minumum. You'd sell a couple hundred and then be left with like 600-700 copies of an LP that will never sell.

It's 50 minutes long, so you would actually be left with 600-700 DOUBLE LPs that would never sell.

It's 50 minutes long, so you would actually be left with 600-700 DOUBLE LPs that would never sell.

haha Even worse.

The only way this ever gets pressed is if someone who has never pressed a record gets the license and then loses their ass on it and decides to never press another record again.

haha Even worse.

The only way this ever gets pressed is if someone who has never pressed a record gets the license and then loses their ass on it and decides to never press another record again.

Lets hope that happens

I dont think Finch's fans are 14 anymore.

I dunno, I hated Sunshine when it came out. I tried listening to a few of those songs again recently after this thread started and I still couldnt really get into it. I guess if I wanna hear Finch Ill listen to WIITB, if I wanna hear stuff like this Ill listen to GJ or Deftones.

I feel you. I'm just baffled that people who like Glassjaw and Deftones could have a negative reaction to this album. Its a masterpiece of post-hardcore/post-punk. I can't get over how hopeless this is.

And for the record, I didn't mean that their fan base is currently 14 even though when I saw them in '09 there were a lot very young people there. I meant if they weren't 14 and pansies when Sunshine was released there would have been a better reaction and thereby better sales. I know their fanbase has ranged through different age groups since they came out but I was just generalizing.

weren't you a pansy 14 yr old when Sunshine came out, McPherson? :P

i was like 25 when this came out. i still remember how lame the song was on the sampler i got at Coachella. i still remember how bummed i was about the long wait for new Finch songs and hearing this. still don't like Sunshine.....still.

I was 21 when it came out. I feel like people making comments about disliking this album are all just in on a big joke where they actually like it but are saying it sucks just to fuck with me.

What song was on the Coachella sampler?

I imagine you also grew up listening to Mike Patton and didn't own any Drive Thru Records DVDs.

I think the major reason people disliked this album was because (and I'm not trying to be offensive) it was too mature. I actually think it takes a certain type of gusto to say this is your favorite Finch release. The fact this album has a cult following makes me enjoy it's existence a little more.

I was 21 when it came out. I feel like people making comments about disliking this album are all just in on a big joke where they actually like it but are saying it sucks just to fuck with me.

I imagine you also grew up listening to Mike Patton and didn't own any Drive Thru Records DVDs.

I think the major reason people disliked this album was because (and I'm not trying to be offensive) it was too mature. I actually think it takes a certain type of gusto to say this is your favorite Finch release. The fact this album has a cult following makes me enjoy it's existence a little more.

i like how you said this and i agree. it was too much a step in the opposite direction of what Burn was. had this been their 3rd album i think it may have been accepted a little more than it was/is

You are correct sir. Right on the money with Patton but what's the significance of the Drive Thru Records DVDs?

If they hadn't released this album I would have never dedicated any amount of attention to this band beyond the occasional nostalgic reminiscing over the song "What It Is To Burn" and the heavy rotation of "Worms Of The Earth." I could really give a shit about WIITB as an album but Sunshine actually put this band on my map.

no idea what the Coachella sampler song was. i believe it was a Filter Mini-mag they were handing out at the festival. I tried to google and find the sampler but it's MIA currently.

I feel like the singer of Finch tried to be too Patton-esque on this album and that's what bugged me. I preferred their emo/Drive Thru style in the first place. and it could have used more songs with Daryl ;)

Well they just played a Finch song at the Super Bowl so I guess its time to press this record!

Yeah, I heard this just a minute ago, I tweeted @OfficialFinch and told them, but I doubt they check their tweets.

I was looking through Finch music over at their BandCamp last night and I found a site where it said that they were playing a show last night in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I did not know if that was correct or what. But I wish I could have gone!!