I Would Like Finch: Say Hello To Sunshine On Vinyl

This record is really not pop-punk. You might possibly get a away with calling it Screamo but its not Emo either. I would consider this album closer to post-hardcore with a slight Math-Metal tinge here and there and very small dose of pop sensibility sprinkled in.

Not that I put much stock in genre labeling a band/record.

This record is really not pop-punk. You might possibly get a away with calling it Screamo but its not Emo either. I would consider this album closer to post-hardcore with a slight Math-Metal tinge here and there and very small dose of pop sensibility sprinkled in.

This record transitioned me into Faith No More/Mike Patton/Dillinger Escape Plan.

It's a progressive rock album.

This album is far better than given credit for, if people would only take the time to listen.

And I know I'm late, but I just came across that album the recorded before they broke up again and love it. I just listened to it once, but let's get that pressed too!

QFT... that album even in unfinished format is impressive.

YES, need this album on vinyl! I felt that this album crushed WIITB. Much darker and heavier. Although I do want both albums!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

release 1000 copies next RSD and this will more than likely sell out.

LOL yeah... see we can totally get this done.

to say that this album is mature and i don't "get it" makes no sense. i've been listening to Faith No More do FAR more impressive shit since the 1990s, this album doesn't compare to anything they've done and i've always felt all the singer was doing on this was trying to be as much like Mike Patton as possible. just like he wanted so bad to be Daryl Palumbo on WIITB.

i'd say this is the by-product of bands like Faith No More and Dillinger Escape Plan influencing them and the band trying to be as complex as possible in return. unfortunately, it doesn't suit them and i really don't think they've got what it takes to be "progressive". i'm all for a band growing and trying new things, but this sounds like they were trying too hard to not be the band they were on WIITB.

to say that this album is mature and i don't "get it" makes no sense. i've been listening to Faith No More do FAR more impressive shit since the 1990, this album doesn't compare to anything they've done and i've always felt all the singer was doing on this was trying to be as much like Mike Patton as possible. just like he wanted so bad to be Daryl Palumbo on WIITB.

i'd say this is the by-product of bands like Faith No More and Dillinger Escape Plan influencing them and the band trying to be as complex as possible in return. unfortunately, it doesn't suit them and i really don't think they've got what it takes to be "progressive". i'm all for a band growing and trying new things, but this sounds like they were trying too hard to not be the band they were on WIITB.

Maybe its because I never listened to WIITB before I got this album that I can accept it. It seems like because you had a certain picture painted of what Finch was in your mind that you can only see this album as a desperate attempt by the band to distance themselves from their first album and it seems like you resent it for being merely a product to serve that purpose but in reality, its really just an amazing album that shows their influence by bands that you actually like.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I just really want you to embrace this album because its an excellent effort on their part regardless of their intention.

• 8 months later...