ALL LOCAL BANDS! I need you!

LOCAL U.S. BANDS!

i am working on putting together a 4 part compilation series of local bands from each of the United States time zones!

Part 1: WESTERN

Part 2: MOUNTAIN

Part 3: CENTRAL

Part 4: EASTERN

the purpose of this FREE digital-only compilation is for music lovers to discover up and coming local bands from around the country, as well as for bands to get their music out there to new people.

if you or your band would like to participate in this, please send an email to [email protected] with the song you'd like to put on it, as well as a link to your website (facebook/bandcamp/myspace/whatever) and PLEASE include which US state you are from. US BANDS ONLY!

if you have any questions, either e-mail me, PM me here, or just reply to this thread.

DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee that every band will be included.

the eastern disc is pretty much full. i have about 40 submissions that need to be cut down to 20-25. i still am waiting for quite a few Pacific, Mountain, and Central bands though.

i'm hoping to have the final tracklists done by the beginning of July, but it all depends on submissions i guess.

how much time do YOU need?

Sent an email. And if anyone else is interested: www.facebook.com/tzebra

We used an 8-track but only had 1 mic, so the recording isn't amazing, but my friend is a recording school graduate, so he mixed it pretty decently in Garageband. Also, I'm aware our name is pretty cheesy, but we got thrown into playing shows pretty suddenly and had a pretty overwhelming response around here, so it kinda stuck, ha.

for Central my buddies band The American Heist out of Houston totally deserve it!!

http://www.myspace.com/theamericanheist

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-American-Heist/344362151498

tell them about the compilation, and if they are down, have them e-mail me a song

i sent it to them, youll probably hear from them soon.

but my friend is a recording school graduate, so he mixed it pretty decently in Garageband

this made me laugh, then i realized my roommate does the same exact thing when he can't get to all the expensive stuff on campus. there's some crazy tools in there and people just brush it off as a stupid little kids program.

I am no longer accepting submissions from EASTERN region bands!

I will start sorting through all the bands from that region and respond to all the bands that i choose to put on.

if you are in the Pacific, Mountain, or Central regions, please submit! the sooner we get all the slots filled up, the sooner this compilation series can be released!

please send an MP3 or WAV to [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

all of the Eastern bands have picked!!!

i sent out e-mails to all of the bands that i picked, but i might have missed a couple. so here is the list of bands for the Eastern disc:

A PLACE IN TIME

BEYOND GOODBYE

CREATURES LIKE US

DIAMOND SKYLINE

ELECTRIC BUFFALO

EOLUNE

GOODNIGHT LULLABY

GRANT GOLDEN

HALFLING

IF I WERE YOU

JOHNNY MAINSTREAM

MY ARCADIA

PULL STRINGS

SEE YOU ON THE ROAD

SHOTGUN NO BLITZ

SMALL KINGDOMS

THE CAUSE

THE FAIR WEATHERED

THE PATTERN TRACED

THE REAL

THE WINNING SEASON

i still need bands from the Pacific, Mountain, and Central regions. so if you're a local band from either of those and want to be on the compilation, e-mail me a track to [email protected]

keep an eye out for more info soon!