Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

Pokemon 2BA Master - Colored like a pokeball, limited to 150 (1 test press so it equals 151)

This. I'm looking at my CD copy on my shelf right now.

You guys seriously have no idea how much thought I've already put into this.

Problem, The label no longer exists in it's original incarnation, and it seems as if the "new" label doesn't have this available for licensing... But I haven't contacted anyone seriously yet. I have great ideas for this that I'd like to make happen and make this a spectacular reissue, but I doubt I'll be able to do it. Almost certainly not in time for the 15th anniversary of the show's debut in the US.

You guys seriously have no idea how much thought I've already put into this.

Problem, The label no longer exists in it's original incarnation, and it seems as if the "new" label doesn't have this available for licensing... But I haven't contacted anyone seriously yet. I have great ideas for this that I'd like to make happen and make this a spectacular reissue, but I doubt I'll be able to do it. Almost certainly not in time for the 15th anniversary of the show's debut in the US.

we have the technology, we can do this.

at least we can try and get them to press the movie's first score. not the soundtrack but the score.

or video game soundtracks on vinyl ha

we have the technology, we can do this.

at least we can try and get them to press the movie's first score. not the soundtrack but the score.

or video game soundtracks on vinyl ha

VG soundtracks would be tough, if not impossible. They are out there as albums so they could be licensed as albums. Problem is they're out there in Japan, not here in the states. It becomes a whole international thing, licencing it from a Japanese company for release in the states, and there are usually stipulations about changing artwork and altering the material, territories in which it can and cannot be sold, etc, it becomes a whole mess. I'd love to see some classic nintendo OSTs on wax. The Zelda series especially.

The movie soundtracks and score would be doable, at least they should be. But I don't see there being much interest in them for them to sell well. The video game/pokemon demographic is one that intersects with a very small population of the vinyl collecting community. The 2BA master songs were popular and memorable for even those who were casual fans of the series way back when. Even then, I only see even a small pressing run selling well if it is marketed as a collectible, and will most likely only be purchased by A. those who are still very much involved and interested in pokemon and are collectors, and have been since the early days. Or B. people who were only casual fans way back when, happen to collect vinyl, and want to go on a nostalgia trip.

I wish I currently had the funds to pursue this more seriously, but I have been so focused on recording my own music lately. If I could share the crazy ideas I have in mind for this pressing without them getting jacked, or somehow prematurely creating internet buzz for something that may never happen, I would. I wish I could.

Some of these have been mentioned before, but I would like:

Lydia - Illuminate

Neon Horse - s/t

Person L - Initial

The Promise Ring - Electric Pink ep

Showbread - Age or the Reptiles

Any Surrogate album

Any Watashi Wa album

The Muppets Sounodtrack

Also, would love for this to get a repress:

Rocketship - A Certain Smile, A Certain Sadness

Death Waltz needs to press the OST of Big Trouble in Little China on either gold (Chang Sings) and red (Wing Kong) or green (Lo Pan) and purple (Egg Shen) and with it comes a 7" of the Coupe De Villes doing the theme song to Big Trouble in Little China

It was pressed back when the movie came out, I have it. http://www.discogs.com/John-Carpenter-Big-Trouble-In-Little-China-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/220023

You know, I thought that this was the "Albums that should be REPRESSED" thread. My bad I was just excited to tell someone of my idea. Haha

haha I mean I think it sounds cool, but also wanted you to know it was available if you wanted it.

Haha thanks. I remember like a year ago someone was selling copies on the bay for like $17. There's one on there for like $23 right now, but it's not one of my dire needs, even though it's one of my favorite movies.

I'd like for it to be reasonably affordable for bands with a DIY mentality to get their own stuff pressed. Up and coming artists who haven't had albums out for ten years that people want to buy for nostalgic reasons and all that. Don't get me wrong I still buy those new releases, but I really dig stuff from the '90s with blank labels and spraypainted sleeves, etc.

I'd like for it to be reasonably affordable for bands with a DIY mentality to get their own stuff pressed. Up and coming artists who haven't had albums out for ten years that people want to buy for nostalgic reasons and all that. Don't get me wrong I still buy those new releases, but I really dig stuff from the '90s with blank labels and spraypainted sleeves, etc.

I agree. It's much better to look at something such as a record with a spray painted sleeve rather than a CD-R that just says the artist's name and a crappy pixelated photo for the cover of their album in a jewel case