Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, texan4life said:

Dude I could literally kiss you right now. Obviously pre-ordered with the swiftnesses of a thousand pantsless Jack Black's running out of burning building...

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

$40 dude? crazy town.

Money's no object when it comes to this man. This was my favorite movie growing up and an absolutely killer early 2000's soundtrack. Seems like they're doing it right as well with a nice gatefold and 2LP set. Could be worse - Urban Outfitters could be releasing this as an exclusive. 

31 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Money's no object when it comes to this man. This was my favorite movie growing up and an absolutely killer early 2000's soundtrack. Seems like they're doing it right as well with a nice gatefold and 2LP set. Could be worse - Urban Outfitters could be releasing this as an exclusive. 

Plus, can you really put a price on finally being able to  listen to Crazy Towns Butterfly on sweet, sweet vinyl?

Edited by zuck

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, simple_torture said:

I wish The Dismemberment Plan would finish reissuing their back catalog. Emergency & I and Changes are definitely their best, but I'd like at least The Dismemberment Plan Is Terrified--and ! just for completionists' sake .

I've recently fallen in love with D-Plan is Terrified (I'd put it second only to E&I), so +1 to this 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kylet said:

81SAI9bhrRL._SL1500__zpsdwkk9xkv.jpg

This just got a 2018 CD release. Been listening to it a lot recently. Would love to own a copy on vinyl

This was pressed back in the 70s. I have a copy, complete with the enclosed illustrated book.

https://www.discogs.com/Charles-M-Schulz-Its-The-Great-Pumpkin-Charlie-Brown/release/2895716

10 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

This was pressed back in the 70s. I have a copy, complete with the enclosed illustrated book.

https://www.discogs.com/Charles-M-Schulz-Its-The-Great-Pumpkin-Charlie-Brown/release/2895716

From my understanding that's the audio from the cartoon (dialog and all). Like you follow along in a book. Am I wrong?

I borrowed the 2018 CD from my local library, it's a remastered version of the soundtrack. 

Edited by kylet

17 minutes ago, kylet said:

From my understanding that's the audio from the cartoon (dialog and all). Like you follow along in a book. Am I wrong?

I borrowed the 2018 CD from my local library, it's a remastered version of the soundtrack. 

Haha, you are correct. That somehow went right over my head.  Yes, mine is the full dialogue, not the soundtrack.

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Haha, you are correct. That somehow went right over my head.  Yes, mine is the full dialogue, not the soundtrack.

Although I wouldn't mind that either, I really just want a cleaned up version of the soundtrack.

Surprised when they remastered it last year it didn't get a vinyl release. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:23 PM, Bronchitis said:

Super late but just the Sparklehorse song on a 7” would be a dream come true.

To be fair I'd love a box set of all the Sparklehorse stuff that's out there. Some of its pretty hard to come by  especially Dreamt For Lightyears... which as far as I'm concerned is massively under rated. The only thing that is consistently everywhere is the Sparklehorse/Danger Mouse collab which has some good stuff but also quite a lot of duds.