Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

It looks like one that I have wanted for a while, Curl Up And Die - The One Above All, The End of All That Is, could be coming soon:

“We’re going to try to reissue the records. We only did one pressing of vinyl ever—[2002 LP] Unfortunately We’re Not Robots through Rev [Revelation Records]. We would love to do all of them again, making sure it’s done well. We’re not trying to make money; we’d just like them to be nice, well-printed, well-sounding releases.”

https://lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/2019/apr/17/curl-up-and-die-mike-minnick-reunion-vegas-show/

On 4/24/2019 at 7:33 PM, beags said:

Well I got my Goo Goo Dolls - Gutterflower press.

All I need is the first 3 Train albums and I'm happy.

Oh, and an official 10,000 Days pressing from Tool 😎

Count me in for the first three Train albums too! I'd also take the other three Matchbox Twenty albums too.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, vinyl addict said:

Marilyn Manson has some great albums (the older stuff), however he is absolutely horrible live.

I've seen him 3 times in 3 locations. Not sure what it is, but just terrible.

I saw Manson for the first time in 1996, and the last time in 2016 (and a few times in between).

20 years of liquor and cocaine abuse will make you suck at your job, no matter what it is, and it gets even worse when you start showing up for work completely hammered. The last time I saw the band, Manson was so drunk halfway through the set that he forgot the words to half the songs and was slurring incoherently between them.

The album in the pic was released in ‘97 or early ‘98 - before things started going downhill - and it’s more of a “studio live album” than an untouched live performance. LOTS of studio overdubs and polish. 

The original core members of the band weren’t exactly amazing musicians anyway, and around this time, they started employing a lot of prerecorded triggers in their live show. 

Edited by cannonfunk

2 hours ago, cannonfunk said:

I saw Manson for the first time in 1996, and the last time in 2016 (and a few times in between).

20 years of liquor and cocaine abuse will make you suck at your job, no matter what it is, and it gets even worse when you start showing up for work completely hammered. The last time I saw the band, Manson was so drunk halfway through the set that he forgot the words to half the songs and was slurring incoherently between them.

The album in the pic was released in ‘97 or early ‘98 - before things started going downhill - and it’s more of a “studio live album” than an untouched live performance. LOTS of studio overdubs and polish. 

The original core members of the band weren’t exactly amazing musicians anyway, and around this time, they started employing a lot of prerecorded triggers in their live show. 

Yeah, I saw him in 96/97 (dont recall exact year but was almost out of high school) and then a couple times in the last 6 years or so.

Each and every time, it was horrid.  Just not a good performance at any them. Bad sound was a good part of it too.

I've literally been to hundreds of shows (big name bands) and MM ranks among some of the lowest for me. Snoop Dogg was probably the worst. 

I'm a big MM fan too, so don't think I'm knocking the band.  Just live they leave much to be desired.

Seen Marilyn Manson during the 1997 Ozzfest. That was a great show. This is the only time I ever seen MM. MM was just added to the Ozzfest. Pantera had been opening for Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne just prior to that. I can't say he was at the top of his game, but I was really impressed.

Black Sabbath and Ozzy were the headliners, but Marilyn Manson, Pantera, Type O Negative and Fear Factory just blew my mind.

Best show I went to that year for sure.

I’ll chime in. These have been mentioned but need to be again. 

Our Lady Peace - Happiness... (can’t believe we’re still waiting for this)

Matchbook Romance - Voices (just a 180 gram black pressing! Please!)

Filter - The Amalgamut (now that Title of Record has been announced, I want this even more)

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Roadrunner. Justin Foley (Drummer for Killswitch Engage) is a regular at my record store and I asked him yesterday if they had any plans to release their back catelogue and he said that Roadrunner would have to do it since they don’t control the 1st few albums. Bummer since those albums desperately need a press

Roadrunner's track record for keeping things in print is kind of spotty but Music On Vinyl have seemed to do a good job up at picking up their slack in recent years. MOV do have a place on their page to request a release and for an artist as big as Killswitch I think they'd definitely consider rolling the dice if roadrunner come up with an amenable figure. As far as Khoma goes I'm not sure if they'd have enough draw but there's no harm in trying. If not them then maybe Pelagic records for Khoma would be a good port of call as they released their follow ups and might be able to wrestle the rights off of roadrunner.

@Mr Mojo @Saxonjulin 

Edited by Stress On The Sky