Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

I probably have tonnes more, but for starters;

Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die (repress with all tracks)

Ours - Distorted Lullabies

Ours - Precious

Ours - Mercy (Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy)

The Tea Party - Splendor Soils (repress)

The Tea Party - Transmission

The Tea Party -The Interzone Mantras

U2 - Achtung Baby (Repress)

U2 - Zoorpa (Repress)

U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind (Repress)

Ours "Distorted Lullibies" is an amazingly underrated album! I'm down for a pressing.

Also, I can't believe Achtung Baby has still only been repressed as the box set. I thought for sure it would be released as a 2xLP by now. I just ended up getting an OG copy from Discogs because this is my favorite album of all time.

Ours "Distorted Lullibies" is an amazingly underrated album! I'm down for a pressing.

Also, I can't believe Achtung Baby has still only been repressed as the box set. I thought for sure it would be released as a 2xLP by now. I just ended up getting an OG copy from Discogs because this is my favorite album of all time.

Yeah, one of my favourites from the 2000s as well. Huge fan of all of Jimmy's work. I feel like I should be able to own Achtung with ease by now as well. Second favourite U2 record followed by Zooropa. How much did you pay and how does it sound, if you don't mind me asking.

Yeah, one of my favourites from the 2000s as well. Huge fan of all of Jimmy's work. I feel like I should be able to own Achtung with ease by now as well. Second favourite U2 record followed by Zooropa. How much did you pay and how does it sound, if you don't mind me asking.

I think it was $60ish (Listed as VG+/VG+).  It came up cheaper than the other ones listed so I jumped on it.  It is the version with the uncensored cover.  Sounds pretty good!  

I think it was $60ish (Listed as VG+/VG+). It came up cheaper than the other ones listed so I jumped on it. It is the version with the uncensored cover. Sounds pretty good!

Reasonable, considering the prices of some of the common reissues these days. Speaking of which pretty confident these will get released eventually. Not so confident about Ours. If it were Jimmy who owned them I bet he would, but I believe Distorted is DreamWorks.

Reasonable, considering the prices of some of the common reissues these days. Speaking of which pretty confident these will get released eventually. Not so confident about Ours. If it were Jimmy who owned them I bet he would, but I believe Distorted is DreamWorks.

True.  A mid 2000's album with minimal demand doesn't stand a chance of getting re-pressed.  If they did, it'd be awesome if it included the Acoustic EP he released right after it.  It somehow fell into obscurity because I can't even find much info about it online but some of the acoustic arrangements were haunting.  

• 2 weeks later...

Idlewild - Warnings / Promises 

The only Idlewild studio album that never was pressed to vinyl, admittedly this was around the point when vinyl sales had started to trough but it's an under rated gem.

Yes ,Yes 1000 times YES. It bugs the hell out of me that this is missing from my collection. I'd also love the Captain EP to get pressed.

W/P was their only major label release so who knows what the story is with rights though.

On a side note Roddy is pressing his debut LP 'My Secret Is My Silence' later this year for it's tenth anniversary.

I like his solo stuff. I know a lot of old school Idlewild fans hated the more acoustic/mellow vibe but it's all good.

Quite a lot of dissent from old school Idlewild fans about everything simply because they've refused to release "100 Broken Windows 2" in my experience. The first Roddy Solo album was pure gold though, the others I can take or leave (maybe I just need to invest more time in them).

In a similar vein I'd love to see Rod Jones' solo albums (love all of them) and The Birthday Suit get a vinyl release at some point but I'm filing that with "Things that'll never happen" department in my mind. 

Quite a lot of dissent from old school Idlewild fans about everything simply because they've refused to release "100 Broken Windows 2" in my experience. The first Roddy Solo album was pure gold though, the others I can take or leave (maybe I just need to invest more time in them).

In a similar vein I'd love to see Rod Jones' solo albums (love all of them) and The Birthday Suit get a vinyl release at some point but I'm filing that with "Things that'll never happen" department in my mind. 

Aye I know what you mean. These days they're hitting a good balance between the old sound and the mellower sound I find. Rod Jones' stuff is great and really overlooked. Once saw The Birthday Suit in Belfast and me and my Mrs were the only ones at the show who weren't in/with the band.

Do yourself a favour if you haven't already and check out the album Roddy did with John McCusker and Kris Drever. Some excellent scottish indie folk going on and some of Roddy's best vocal work: https://www.discogs.com/Kris-Drever-John-McCusker-Roddy-Woomble-Before-The-Ruin/release/3651218

I spent the least two weeks plus getting through all 117 pages of this topic. It wasn't easy, but it spurred me to make my own list. Here's my 2¢: 

7% Solution - All About Satellites and Spaceships

7% Solution - Gabriel's Waltz

Big Wreck - Albatross

Big Wreck - In Loving Memory Of...

Bill Frisell ‎– Have A Little Faith

Blindside - Silence

Candiria - 300% Density

Candiria - What Doesn't Kill You...

Chroma Key - You Go Now

Chroma Key ‎– Dead Air For Radios

Chroma Key ‎– Graveyard Mountain Home

Codeseven - Dancing Echoes/Dead Sounds

Hammock - Departure Songs

He is Legend - Suck Out the Poison

Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing

Kiln - Dusker

King's X - Black Like Sunday

King's X - Dogman

King's X - Ear Candy

King's X - Ogre Tones

Morphine ‎– Bootleg Detroit

Morphine ‎– Like Swimming

Morphine ‎– The Night

October Project - S/T

Ours - Distorted Lullabies

Powerman 5000 - Mega!! Kung Fu Radio

Project 86 ‎– Drawing Black Lines

Rainbow Butt Monkeys - Letters From Chutney

Replicants - S/T

Seemless - S/T

Seemless - What Have We Become

Snot - Get Some

Spacehog - Resident Alien

Steve Vai ‎– Real Illusions: Reflections

Stompbox - Stress

The Fire Theft - S/T

The Tea Party - The Interzone Mantras

The Tea Party - Triptych

Toad The Wet Sprocket - Coil

Year of the Rabbit - S/T

BOLD = previously mentioned that I can remember.

I'd say that Our Lady Peace is the band most wanted in the topic. As Cities Burn is also, but that is currently happening. Snot - Get Some & KSE - AOJB may be the most popular titles wanted. I've been told that KSE - AOJB will happen, but exactly when is hard to say. Many requests for Ours - Distorted Lullabies too. Overall a good read and made me think of titles I hadn't thought of before. 

• 2 weeks later...