Jump to content
chutterhanban

Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

Recommended Posts

Strand Of Oaks - Leave Ruin

The only album of Tim's that hasn't seen a vinyl issue, I've talked to him after a couple of his UK shows and he stated he definitely wants to do it but judging by how many sin-bins and sales I've seen HEAL in I think Dead Oceans won't be giving this the all clear any time soon sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

Demon Hunter - Self-titled, Summer of Darkness and The World is a Torn

Skillet - Comatose

I'm in for these ones you mentioned mostly... some of the others, high school me, would've liked for sure ;)

 

Solid State owns the rights to DH, why don't they press those?!? I don't want to wait for another "Remember November". And the new Skillet album has me concerned with their "new" sound...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

I'm in for these ones you mentioned mostly... some of the others, high school me, would've liked for sure ;)

Haha, I buy records shamelessly. I may seek out different music now than I was in high school (don't anticipate getting into a new Nickelback album any time soon), but I still enjoy those records as much as I ever did.

 

8 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Solid State owns the rights to DH, why don't they press those?!? 

It'd make me so happy if they would. They were awesome, I never listened to them past The World Is a Thorn though. How is their newer stuff?

 

8 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

And the new Skillet album has me concerned with their "new" sound...

I gotta admit I kinda lost respect for Skillet after 'Monster' came out and was literally the same exact song as 'Animal I Have Become' by Three Days Grace so I never got into them past Awake.

 

 

Also I checked out your collection and gotta ask how much you paid for your copy of Constellations? I'd love to see that get repressed too.

Edited by shadowkid33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

Haha, I buy records shamelessly. I may seek out different music now than I was in high school (don't anticipate getting into a new Nickelback album any time soon), but I still enjoy those records as much as I ever did.

I had my "musical awakening" way late. Think it was the last half of my junior year? (late 2010-early 2011). I've drifted away from the "radio rock" and focus more on metalcore now though. Who knows why.

 

11 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

It'd make me so happy if they would. They were awesome, I never listened to them past The World Is a Thorn though. How is their newer stuff?

Was able to see them live about an hour away from where I live (which is incredible in itself) and got to meet them/have a picture taken as well! True Defiance might be my favorite album of theirs, I'd recommend checking out that one at least. Extremist was alright, not terrible, but not great. Ryan Clark has an incredible voice, I love it! Wish his NYVES side project turned out better. :/

 

11 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

I gotta admit I kinda lost respect for Skillet after 'Monster' came out and was literally the same exact song as 'Animal I Have Become' by Three Days Grace so I never got into them past Awake.

I really liked Awake (and that's a funny song comparison, didn't realize it, but it fits)! Rise was alright, again, not terrible, but not great. The two singles they put out for their new album Unleashed sound too pop-ish (to me). I'm afraid I think they "sold out". But man, they've been fantastic live the last two times I saw them. I <3 Jen Ledger :wub:

 

11 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

Also I checked out your collection and gotta ask how much you paid for your copy of Constellations? I'd love to see that get repressed too.

I wish I could be super cool and say I bought it for cost when it was first released... but, no. I'd like to say I got it for $60-$70PPD? About 2-3 years ago? I considered it a steal as most copies I've seen are at least $100. A repress would be nice for those who don't have it. Solid State has their full rights as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like plenty of albums have been reissued or repressed up to this point, so I'm still hoping for these:

 

Sugarcult - Palm Trees and Power lines

Sugarcult - Lights Out 

The only thing with Lights Out is that it was on the now defunct V2 label(which may cause it to be in limbo) but I feel like Fearless could press Palm Trees since they pressed Sugarcult's first album Start Static. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I feel like plenty of albums have been reissued or repressed up to this point, so I'm still hoping for these:

 

Sugarcult - Palm Trees and Power lines

Sugarcult - Lights Out 

The only thing with Lights Out is that it was on the now defunct V2 label(which may cause it to be in limbo) but I feel like Fearless could press Palm Trees since they pressed Sugarcult's first album Start Static. 

Palm Trees was fucking great. Really surprised Fearless hasn't banked on a pressing. 

 

AFI- Sing the Sorrow

Maybe of we keep bringing it up, it may happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 16, 2016 at 7:05 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Palm Trees was fucking great. Really surprised Fearless hasn't banked on a pressing. 

 

AFI- Sing the Sorrow

Maybe of we keep bringing it up, it may happen

I'm glad I bought my copy of Sing The Sorrow when Adeline still had them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xsjado said:

Mockups for Ours' early albums :P

 

1469043328-oursvinyl.jpg

1 million times yes!  I had mentioned Distorted Lullabies in here before. Definitely one of my favorite all time albums.    Somebody press these now!

They also need to press the acoustic EP that came out after Distorted Lullabies that is nowhere to be found on the internet.  

Edited by dbarila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slowcheetah said:

I'd spend big bucks on these, not really a fan of coloured vinyl, but I will take what I can get... Might as well press Mercy while they're at it. I'd be all over Sour too if that is even feasible.

Yeah, after seeing these on here I had to go back and listed to Distorted Lullabies again.  How was that album not more popular?!  I say it again.. Someone press these now!  And if you haven't heard Distorted Lullabies, what are you waiting for?  The opening track will give you chills.  

Edited by dbarila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Yeah, after seeing these on here I had to go back and listed to Distorted Lullabies again.  How was that album not more popular?!  I say it again.. Someone press these now!  And if you haven't heard Distorted Lullabies, what are you waiting for?  The opening track will give you chills.  

The problem might be that the original label, Dreamworks Records, has been sold to Universal and Ours is on a different label now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Petition - Repackage Angelfish and Goodbye Mr McKenzie albums on vinyl

 

Angelfish Facebook

 

I came across this whilst browsing on line, and just thought I would post it here. Personally I would love to see the Angelfish album released on vinyl for the first time as I feel it is up there with anything Shirley Manson created with Garbage. The band (Angelfish) have endorsed the petition and posted a link on their facebook page.

 

 

 

Edited by Roandy55
Added link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×