Whirl (Whirr) - Distressor EP

If you're into Shoegaze bands and Deafheaven...then Whirl (now known as Whirr) will be right up your alley. This is their debut EP. It's on Rough Trade in the UK...Deathwish should have copies soon according to the band's FB page.

I've listened to the stream 4 times or so back-to-back...it's really good.

Here's a short write-up I did on the band: http://www.the1stfive.com/news/introducing-whirr

[image]

WHIRL

distressor ep

Release Date: 30/05/2011

limited to 500 copies. whirl are a san franciscan shoegazing 6 piece creating dramatic songs of soothing, razor sharp guitar textures backed by soft female vocals. with a youthful thirst they recreate sonic soundscapes previously pioneered by the likes of slowdive and my bloody valentine. this is their 7 track debut ep entitled 'distressor', previously only available as as super-limited cassette handed out at local shows and now available as a high quality 12" vinyl.

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=336449

• 2 weeks later...
Ordered this directly from the label. Currently waiting for the import and wishing that I knew Deathwish was going to be getting copies. Good recommendation, Juan!

I try not to post "We should be getting ______" unless I am 100% sure we are getting it. I wouldn't want people to wait for us, and then have something happen... yeah now... and stuff.

Ordered this directly from the label. Currently waiting for the import and wishing that I knew Deathwish was going to be getting copies. Good recommendation, Juan!

I contacted the band through their Bandcamp page and they told me they had delivered copies to Deathwish. I just waited until Deathwish put it up.

I try not to post "We should be getting ______" unless I am 100% sure we are getting it. I wouldn't want people to wait for us, and then have something happen... yeah now... and stuff.

Definitely understand. I also have no problem supported a band or label directly, but I love DW and have zero qualms about spending my money in your webstore!

Got the 12" in the mail today. I am actually really unhappy with the packaging from DW with my last 4 or 5 orders. There was no protection in the mailer at all this time and the record split through the inner sleeve. Normally, a split to the inner is no big deal but this time it damaged the record quite a bit. I have already recently made a small complaint to DW and I don't want them to think I'm trying to screw them by bringing this problem up as well.

• 6 months later...
anyone have a copy of this?they willing to sell?????? thanks!!

One of my local shops had one behind the counter. It was on hold for someone but a lot of the time, people end up flaking. I'll check soon and let you know.

They also show up on Discogs from time to time. There's 3 of the cassettes up now.

http://www.discogs.com/Whirl-Distressor/master/378798

I got a brand new copy in The Archipelago Rises. Got 50% of all tapes too, when you use TAPES as the discount code. Makes it $2.50 for the tape + shipping.

http://thearchipelagorises.bigcartel.com/product/whirl-whirr-distressor-cassette

if you do decide to buy, any excess shipping you pay will be refunded. can usually get 3 tapes into the parcel for the same shipping price as 1. one of the vagrancies with Australia Post. because of the WIDTH of the tape, they have to be sent as parcels....

anyone have a copy of this?they willing to sell?????? thanks!!

One of my local shops had one behind the counter. It was on hold for someone but a lot of the time, people end up flaking. I'll check soon and let you know.

They also show up on Discogs from time to time. There's 3 of the cassettes up now.

http://www.discogs.com/Whirl-Distressor/master/378798

thanks! ive been checking discogs lately, none have poped up! but certainly let me know if that one doesnt sell ill for sure buy it and throw in a few extra for your troubles!!!! thanks!!