Storage Help

I know the expedit is the preferred choice of storage methods and building something is the other option. However, Ikea doesn't ship the expedit and there are no Ikeas within 3 hours of me that stock the color I need (yea, I know....) Also, I can't rightly building something in my new apartment without mgmnt being called. So I ask is there any online store/place that makes a decently priced storage unit that would ship to me? Right now my records are just stacked in a corner of my computer room. I would really like to display them with the player on top of the storage unit. Any help is greatly appreciated!

how big is your collection?

if your 12" collection is less than 200 this will work wonderfully.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Willow-Mountain-TV-Console/11016197

there is a shelf for 7"s and 10"s and whatever else, a shelf for your stereo, and both bottom rows for your 12"s.

plus turntable and tabletop speakers fit nicely on top.

and then you got the doors, which hold childproof locks perfectly if you're a guy like me who doesn't want your shit eaten alive by your little half-yous.

i've been using this for a little over a year, and even keep a crate ontop next to my turntable for my record overflow.

the only problem is that it tends to bow when it's too full of that super heavy vinyl, but some screws in the right places took care of that just fine.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Willow-Mountain-TV-Console/11016197

there is a shelf for 7"s and 10"s and whatever else, a shelf for your stereo, and both bottom rows for your 12"s.

and then you got the doors, which hold childproof locks perfectly if you're a guy like me who doesn't want your shit eaten alive by your little half-yous.

i've been using this for a little over a year, and even keep a crate ontop next to my turntable for my record overflow.

the only problem is that it tends to bow when it's too full of that super heavy vinyl, but some screws in the right places took care of that just fine.

I'm just under 100 records, 97 I believe but I have a few pre-orders I'm waiting on. So I'll be over 100 by the end of the summer. I try and stay away from walmart furniture/storage units they're all pieces of shit imo! My roommate a few years back bought a shelf to put his collection on and he has over 200 albums. Needless to say one night the whole thing tumbled and destroyed about half of his collection! I really want an expedit but I don't see myself getting that anytime soon! I will check out the link though, thanks for the help!

I'm just under 100 records, 97 I believe but I have a few pre-orders I'm waiting on. So I'll be over 100 by the end of the summer. I try and stay away from walmart furniture/storage units they're all pieces of shit imo! My roommate a few years back bought a shelf to put his collection on and he has over 200 albums. Needless to say one night the whole thing tumbled and destroyed about half of his collection! I really want an expedit but I don't see myself getting that anytime soon! I will check out the link though, thanks for the help!

this thing won't tumble.

he probably used a walmart bookshelf, where the shelves are only held up by 4 small pegs.

those will not support the weight of a full shelf of records.

this thing will.

just sayin', i'm happy with it, and mine is stuffed FULL.

i have this

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10137192

i have one shelf for the player, one for 12"s, and one for 7"s and one for DVDS. I'm running out of space so I think i'm just going to throw a milk crate on top. They also sell a 25" glass door that fit perfectly to cover the opening for my record player since I don't have a dust cover

Go to your local 2nd hand or thrift shops and look for an older LP cabinet. They pop up relatively often and you should be able to buy it for like 20 bucks. It will probably be better made than anything you buy at walmart or ikea too. It's perfect for a collection of less than 200. People have been storing records for decades. There is no need to buy something brand new.

Dinosaur Cabinets.

Handmade from real wood and they put whatever stains or finishes on that you want. Someone on DF ordered one and sounded really pleased with the turn out.

Man these would be perfect, but only ship in the US........

You could always email them and ask. Lots of people are fine with doing stuff like that - no harm in trying.

Also - what are you doing in New Brunswick? There's less there than there is in Halifax.

• 2 years later...
Guest joshjenk99

How do you even find a thread almost 3 years old. And then after finding it, post a stupid reply?

how is offering what is a potentially good idea stupid? cause i searched for storage ideas to get ideas for myself but found this instead so i figured i'd offer up what i use.

Guest joshjenk99

Nevermind, checked your profile and the threads you're replying to.

good so you know i'm only being helpful and trying to get acquainted to the community i just joined. nice to meet ya toO!