City and Colour - Tour Variants

Cleveland or Detroit? Maybe both. Fuck Cincy. Can't wait to not get a VIP and some non collector gets what should be mine, fucking girls not realizing he is married...

LOL, that cheered me up a bit because it's so true. I've loved him for eons but I've never been attracted to him. Plus, I adore Leah, she's so nice.

For sure, I'd love to tell him how much his music has helped me through shit but I'd rather just have the record because I'll actually love it for being a record not like some woo girl who just wants him to sign something, get a damn poster and frame that, give us the records!!!

I created this thread two years ago when C&C first started having tour exclusive releases....

I don't think anyone realized what a monster it would become...  thankfully I'm not a variant collector, and except for the Tegan & Sara split 7" (which I managed to snag for a normal price off the webstore), I haven't really found any of the exclusive releases worth my money.

I do not envy those of you where your OCD tendencies enter the realm of C&C variants.  It's honestly one of the main reasons for my growing disdain of Dallas....

(for the record, I don't care that he left AOF, you gotta do what you gotta do, tension usually doesn't help make good music (...though there are exceptions, see Massive Attack's 'Mezzanine'))

I created this thread two years ago when C&C first started having tour exclusive releases....

I don't think anyone realized what a monster it would become...  thankfully I'm not a variant collector, and except for the Tegan & Sara split 7" (which I managed to snag for a normal price off the webstore), I haven't really found any of the exclusive releases worth my money.

I do not envy those of you where your OCD tendencies enter the realm of C&C variants.  It's honestly one of the main reasons for my growing disdain of Dallas....

(for the record, I don't care that he left AOF, you gotta do what you gotta do, tension usually doesn't help make good music (...though there are exceptions, see Massive Attack's 'Mezzanine'))

I've had my moments of wanting to stop with the variant collecting. 20 years down the road am I going to care if I have every piece of vinyl he's released? Who knows. I've been a fan for almost 10 years now, so... probably yes. 

I guess it could be worse but having things like VIP exclusive variants feels like a bit of a slap in the face to those of us who are crazy enough to try and get our hands on everything. I guess it comes down to money (doesn't it always?). If I was smart I would have stopped collecting variants when those red and green "Christmas" releases came out.