City and Colour - Tour Variants

I have to agree that the shipping fees are outrageous for the pre-order bundles. I passed on the pre-orders because of that. I am positive that it doesn't cost $25 to ship a vinyl record from Montreal to Toronto.

I bought the cd, vinyl (clear) and then the vinyl bundle (orange) in two separate orders, got them to combine them and refund me the shipping difference and I think in total I ended up only paying $20ish for shipping.

Edit: I found my email.. cd/vinyl bundle was $22.21 to ship and the clear vinyl was $14.50 to ship. So, $36.71 total to ship my stuff from Montreal to Vancouver. Got my orders combined and they refunded me $16.81 plus tax back.

But then with the two 7's I bought, the shipping cost me $10 but when I got it, it only said it cost about $3 to ship, which really pissed me off.

Moral of the story is shipping costs in general are ridiculous.

Guys, the worst day ever has come along...I need cash for broken TV woes and other things that I need cash for, I wish I was talking about drugs but unfortunately it is for necessities as well. I am entertaining very serious inquiries for my 10" black test press. This is not something I ever wanted to part with but unfortunately I may have to. Message me with serious offers, but I may need to go to the bay with this bastard.

Guys, the worst day ever has come along...I need cash for broken TV woes and other things that I need cash for, I wish I was talking about drugs but unfortunately it is for necessities as well. I am entertaining very serious inquiries for my 10" black test press. This is not something I ever wanted to part with but unfortunately I may have to. Message me with serious offers, but I may need to go to the bay with this bastard.

:( i hope youll get tons of cash for that one... crossing my fingers for you!

Nooooo! Dude that really sucks :(

Hey Justin, I was looking at the Banquet site and they said the UK pressing differs from the US/Canada one.. is the artwork and everything all the same? How are they different?

Yeah I'm wondering this, as both are black wax, both have die-cut sleeves and printed inner sleeves. Not really sure how it can be different?

I think the album was pressed and released by Cooking Vinyl in the UK.  I was under the impression that CV made their own plates, so there could be some differences in the sound/quality of the pressing.  I can't imagine they would sound identical.

On a somewhat related note, the Dallas Green signature Airline Jupiter guitars are on pre-order now. If anyone is interested.

http://www.myrareguitars.com/new-airline-jupiter-pro-dallas-green-signtaure-model

I think the album was pressed and released by Cooking Vinyl in the UK. I was under the impression that CV made their own plates, so there could be some differences in the sound/quality of the pressing. I can't imagine they would sound identical.

That's what I was thinking the only difference would be :)

Hey Justin, I was looking at the Banquet site and they said the UK pressing differs from the US/Canada one.. is the artwork and everything all the same? How are they different?

everything is pretty much the same except they have the cooking vinyl logos, and it was printed / pressed there for different plates

US/Canada is on clear...

not quite.

clear - city and colour exclusive

marble - preorder exclusive (limited)

black - unlimited

I think the album was pressed and released by Cooking Vinyl in the UK.  I was under the impression that CV made their own plates, so there could be some differences in the sound/quality of the pressing.  I can't imagine they would sound identical.

On a somewhat related note, the Dallas Green signature Airline Jupiter guitars are on pre-order now. If anyone is interested.

http://www.myrareguitars.com/new-airline-jupiter-pro-dallas-green-signtaure-model

exactly

why is banquet claiming they are limited to 300?

they also started with 300 for presale and claim to be the only way to purchase the CV UK pressing?

i have no idea.. id imagine their 'limited to 300' means limited to 300 copies at banquet. there are at least 1000-2000 being pressed by cooking vinyl

thats what BR write on the item page which backs up the fact that they only get 300 copies and the others will be distributed in the rest of europe.

We'll be the only store in the UK stocking this European Double LP version (which is different to the US Import, although that one is available to us too).

Cheers for the info Justin.

I love Banquet, one of a small amount of independent stores left in the UK and they're always great when I go in. That said, their listing is very misleading! The poster clearly states that the Euro version is limited to 300, with no mention that they actually mean "Limited to 300 copies in the UK"

** Edit: That's the poster they have on their listing... **

431813_10152899613880323_72790806_n.jpg

Speaking of new record. Got the download email from Ticketmaster for having bought tix.

Ah that explains why I got two downloads this morning. I knew I was getting one from the preorder but forgot the ticket preorder came with one as well. But man this record is fantastic. Looking forward to getting my Orange Vinyl.