TWIN PEAKS (The 90's show & its return) Discussion - Beware of Spoilers!

It's not that bad, I'd say twin peaks is for everyone, while fire walk with me would only appeal to david lynch fans or the Japanese, they fucking love it.

It just feels like a complete afterthought. I also couldn't get over the new person playing Donna.

Finished the movie last night. It's definitely a departure from the overall feel of the show, which definitely sucks. Felt more like a thriller this time around. About Donna... what the fuck? Why couldn't they get her back in on this one?

Probably because of money and/or nude scenes.

I'm glad this is a thread.  Angelo Badalamenti's music on Twin Peaks is phenomenal and sounds great on vinyl if you don't already have it.  Also I became a Julee Cruise fan after watching the show.  Floating In The Night is a dark loungy kinda album that captures the Twin Peaks/David Lynch vibe.

Also, for those in the LA area, I highly recommend getting baked and going to the screenings that have been happening at USC.  They're showing the entire series then ending with the movie.  The series looks and sounds awesome on the big screen.

• 1 year later...

Blu-ray release is up for pre-order on Amazon! 

http://smarturl.it/twinpeaksbluray

About the new release:

On stunning High Definition Blu-ray, Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery is a comprehensive collection with every episode from the complete television series; both the U.S. and international versions of the series’ Pilot; the North American Blu-ray debut of David Lynch’s follow-up feature Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me; and nearly 90 minutes of deleted and extended scenes from the film. The set also features newly transferred Log Lady introductions for each episode; picture upgrades to many shots in the TV series; a new featurette with series creator Lynch and the actors who portrayed the Palmer family which includes a mesmerizing return to the lives of their characters today; and hours of never-before-released material that dives into the fascinating story behind the celebrated pop culture classic.

On the new footage from the film:

David Lynch and Mark Frost's groundbreaking cult phenomenon, TWIN PEAKS -- THE ENTIRE MYSTERY, arrives on Blu-ray July 29th with the debut of nearly 90 minutes of deleted/alternate scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. The long-awaited missing pieces from the original version of the film is often referred to as the "holy grail" of Twin Peaks fandom, and can only be found as part of this collection.

Presented as a feature-length experience, "The Missing Pieces" has been directed and edited by Lynch exclusively for this release. Capping off more than 30 deleted/alternate scenes is an epilogue providing a fascinating glimpse beyond the cliffhanger finale of the TV series.

Please visit andthemissingpieces.tumblr.com for the latest details on TWIN PEAKS -- THE ENTIRE MYSTERY. Use #theentiremystery to join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.

So excited for this.

• 4 months later...

For easy reference:

“It is happening again.” The giant said those words on Twin Peaks over 20 years ago, and now creators Mark Frost and David Lynch are following through. Twin Peaks will return in 2016 with a nine-episode limited series on Showtime. Frost and Lynch will write all nine episodes, and Lynch will direct the entire series.

The series will be set in the present day, according to Deadline, with the intent to continue the story started in the show’s original run.

We don’t have any casting info at this point. The expectation is that Kyle MacLachlan will reprise the role of Special Agent Dale Cooper, but that is unconfirmed.

Twin Peaks will shoot in 2015, with the 2016 premiere timed to the 25th anniversary of the original show’s conclusion.