TWIN PEAKS (The 90's show & its return) Discussion - Beware of Spoilers!

Yeah that was insane.  Pretty much speechless right now.

I've never been so frustrated but also satisfied with an ending of pretty much anything ever.  The way he left so many things unanswered (like season 2) so we could get another season, but also how this could totally be the end.  And I think I'd be okay with that?  It's so hard to say... damn.

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

Yeah that was insane.  Pretty much speechless right now.

I've never been so frustrated but also satisfied with an ending of pretty much anything ever.  The way he left so many things unanswered (like season 2) so we could get another season, but also how this could totally be the end.  And I think I'd be okay with that?  It's so hard to say... damn.

But yeah, in all seriousness -- exactly this.  I'm going to need time to even begin to attempt to process everything.

I was blown away by how it all came together (In 17) and then gave us even more questions to think about (In 18), leaving it open to continue somehow later on (in a new season/book/or even not at all.) I can't wait to rewatch it all.

Part 17 was my favorite episode of Twin Peaks ever.

Just finished the last episode...

Holy fuckin shit balls... I'm completely lobotomized... Fucking Lynched!

What the fuck just happened? Am I real? Is this real? What the fuck is my real name? I think,I think, I think I'm not well... I'm gonna go lie down now

There had better be 4th season... Is all I'm saying...

Finally watched the last 3 episodes and holy shit that was an ordeal. Not in a bad way but it was a lot to take in one sitting, I was pretty shook by the end.

Even though there are so many unanswered (and new) questions, I still think it was pretty definitive (and bleak....and confusing) end.

I just read this entire thread. Fiancée and I started watching Twin Peaks last month, and we finished FWWM when season 3 ended. Last night we binged like episode 13-17. We had to fall asleep before watching part 18 and I'm DYING. We're def watching the finale first thing when she gets back.

Season 3 has definitely been my favorite part of the series. I couldn't help but laugh at people saying how bad FWWM was (tbf it's my least fav part of the saga) earlier in the thread since season 3 seems to connect more with FWWM than the rest of the series (which is crazy). I kinda was on the fence at first but now I'm all for it.

Season 3 MIGHT be the best thing Lynch has ever done. It's definitely the best part of Twin Peaks.

It almost makes up for the fact that FWWM bombed so we didn't get the other two movies Lynch had planned. Bowie's character would have played a huge part in them. I also always enjoyed FWWM 

I just started watching Twin Peaks Return again from the beginning... Man! It's so different now. I have a better understanding of the whole thing now. It's great!

I watched parts 1 thru 4 today. And I'll prolly watch 3a day from now until I'm done. I'm glad I recorded every EP

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 9:00 AM, THE_James_Champ said:

Final Dossier is out tomorrow. Very excited to read this.

This book is phenomenal. Broken into 18 "files", each one explains what happened to the characters we know from the series, leading up to the new season and a little beyond. Really answers some nagging questions. 

There's a lot of shit it covers, which is great considering the size of the book, compared to Secret History.

Some of the stuff that is revealed (FINALLY)

Spoiler

1. How's Annie?

2. The inconsistencies of Norma Jenning's story as told in TSHOTP (which was a big topic of contention, considering the lack on canon from the series, but Frost said there was a reason for those, and he was right)

3. The identity of the little girl in episode 8.

4. The whereabouts of Donna, Leo, what happened to James, etc etc.

and so much more.

This book really adds depth to both the characters we know and love from the first series, and fills us in on their lives leading up to the new episodes....and beyond a bit.

Finished Final Dossier and my jaw dropped. So many revelations and answers. Can't wait to rewatch The Return. 

Best parts:

Spoiler

Confirms essentially that Jefferies was hopping between space and time and when he showed up in the Philadelphia office in FWWM he wasn't sure if he was seeing real Cooper or Dopplecoop. Also confirms that in post-The Return Twin Peaks Laura is historically known as "disappeared" and there was no murder, no body ever found.