CM Punk's epic promo from last night

The Cult of Personality open is fuccckkkiing sick. He just did a nice podcast with Bill Simmons here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

Also the "I love you Pop" line by Triple H was one of the funniest/best things I've seen in 20 years of watching wrestling.

I liked both matches that Rey put on this week. I thought his Cena match was actually pretty great. Say what you will about Rey's move set but he can take and sell a bump.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So, I was reading the boards tonight and watching Raw 'cause my girl was working late and my son is already asleep. Kevin Nash is signed to WWE apparently. He showed up to Summer Slam last night and power bombed Punk. And he was talking tonight and Punk confronted him. I was just curious what the guy had been up to and I looked at his Wikipedia page. Someone altered it and it made me laugh. The last line of the introduction. I love when it happens:

[image]

did anyone catch summerslam?

i kind of ripped through it after work today just so i knew what was up leading into raw.

and for a card filled to the brim with shitty matches i didnt give a fuck about, it was a fine production.

awesome awesome awesome spots in several matches. literally said "HOLY SHIT" out loud at least 6 or 7 times. (ok, half of those may or may not have occurred in the bryant/barrett match)

and oh my good god, i havent been as excited for anything thats happened on raw in at least a decade as i was when del rio stuck his knees up tonight and beat mysterio.

rey mysterio can fuck right off.

i dont care about his tenure one bit... the company did nothing but ballwash him all night long with ridiculously unnecessary promos just because they were in his precious 619 san diego.

del rio is brilliant and a total package. ricardo rodriguez is a great reminder of the managers back in the 80s and 90s. adr not only has an outstanding cockiness, but hes a great wrestler who puts on entertaining matches. even tonight, he dressed up all of reys moves. (not knocking rey at all here) but adr put a little extra into selling every move that rey did on him knowing it was only feeding into the hometown crowd. earlier in the show he talked about how much he liked and respected rey, and then he proved it in the ring.

i kind of ripped through it after work today just so i knew what was up leading into raw.

and for a card filled to the brim with shitty matches i didnt give a fuck about, it was a fine production.

awesome awesome awesome spots in several matches. literally said "HOLY SHIT" out loud at least 6 or 7 times. (ok, half of those may or may not have occurred in the bryant/barrett match)

Yeah, the Barret/Bryan match was excellent, as was Cena/Punk 2. As for Raw last night, loved the Morrison/Truth Falls Count anywhere match. Pretty good TV match, anyways. i'm finding i care way more about the mid-card than anything in the main event. Even though Punk and Cena delivered in their match, i don't care about the story line; way too much Triple H. Please keep him away from Smackdown.

i was upset when he came out to music again last night. "THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE" and silence was perfect. now we just have to her wassup which still sucks even without him making a fool of himself and rapping.

and oh my good god, i havent been as excited for anything thats happened on raw in at least a decade as i was when del rio stuck his knees up tonight and beat mysterio.

rey mysterio can fuck right off.

i dont care about his tenure one bit... the company did nothing but ballwash him all night long with ridiculously unnecessary promos just because they were in his precious 619 san diego.

The lady and I were driving home from Michigan last night and we knew we wouldn't get home until around 9pm, so I had already resigned myself to not order the PPV since I would've missed the first hour. Once we got home, I tracked down a stream online and watched the Barrett/Bryan match, and then immediately purchased the PPV and watched the next 90 minutes on my HDTV. I got totally sucked in. WWE is seriously awesome these days.

Raw last night was great—I could watch Punk verbally dismantle these aging superstars for hours on end and not get tired of it. Plus, I've really come around to Del Rio and I love his character—totally heelish but with a certain sense of respect, too.

yeah, punk made nash look baaaad on the mic. Also what was with that awful miz/subway promo? I love the miz, but that lost a few awesome points in my book.

Same here. Didn't really seem relevant to anything.

yeah, punk made nash look baaaad on the mic. Also what was with that awful miz/subway promo? I love the miz, but that lost a few awesome points in my book.

Same here. Didn't really seem relevant to anything.

It's called product placement. Subway obviously paid them a looot of money to do it.

That guy who said Del Rio sucks knows nothing about the sacred art of professional wrestling, Del Rio is unbelievable.

Punk definitely ran all over Nash in that promo (the text he got from his "sister" was hilarous) but I'm actually excited for this feud. I've always enjoyed Nash and I think his personality will mesh well with Punk.